App-o-rama (sign up bonuses)

Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Hellow fellow FWers,

What is out there as far as credit cards with sign up bonuses after a few thousands spent. =16pxGoal: more bang for the buck (want cash for points, use Rewards2Cash or alike). Have Priceline already. So far, I've found these:

What else is out there? The pull-the-trigger date is the 1st of April. Suggestions are welcome.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Business version - $100.00 signup bonus for $500.00 spend in 60 days 

BankAmerica is now offering a BUSINESS version APPO... (more)

JW10 (May. 29, 2016 @ 2:05p) |

I'm new to the" apply for multiple cards on same day" deal but I'm not new to the card game(just always went for the big... (more)

alribo (May. 30, 2016 @ 5:55p) |

I went for the Santander Bank Bravo Card successfully.
===========
That said, I would do the Santander Bank Check $150.00 ... (more)

JW10 (Aug. 09, 2016 @ 6:37p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/711457/

Barclay arrival+ 40,000 pts
BOA $200 after $500 spend
Citi TY premier 40,000 pts

Comment: if you don't know how to use or liquidate your points, don't play this game, stick to cash.

I have been doing this for maybe 10 years

it is getting harder by the day

They can see that we are applying 3 credit cards at the same time instantly

imbatman said:   https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/711457/ 

Comment: if you don't know how to use or liquidate your points, don't play this game, stick to cash.

Batman! Long time no see! Miss you since the app-o-rama game.
I checked the thread, and there was not category for bonuses, so I asked here.
If you play the points game, some are not redeemable. I do not use points for flying, only for cash exchanges.
Thanks for the references! Btw, do you know if Barklays limits their number of cards? I got Priceline one just last December.

fleetwoodmac said:   I have been doing this for maybe 10 years

it is getting harder by the day

They can see that we are applying 3 credit cards at the same time instantly

It is getting harder. I usually apply to one card by each issuer.

Chase, in particular, is on to us.

How likely is it to get approved for both Chase Sapphire Preferred and Chase AARP when applying back to back?

AARP Visa
Disclaimer
I was the cheapskate. I have not been aggressively applying.
Two recent applications were for rewards long term ... no incentive rewards. FICO8 has been fairly steady 720+ .
I have been focusing on CL increases on CC I have established CC at.  So far 5 out of 5 CL increases with only one hard pull.

I have established CC at both banks below.

AARP by Chase - requirement is only $500.00 spend for a $200.00 reward.~ 0% Introductory APR for the first 12 months on purchases
Accepted immediately - YMMV
Small CL
https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1485791 
Experian - Hard Pull
Chase - Hard Pull
CC arrived 03/21/2016

Sports team of your choice - (Major League Baseball) by Bank of America - requirement is only $500.00 spend for a $200.00 reward.  ~ 0% Introductory APR for the first 12 months on purchases
Accepted immediately - YMMV    -- Card is the same as the Cash Rewards without a team name on it.  The only difference that I can see is a better sign up bonus.
Small CL
See https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1485013 
Experian - Hard Pull
CC arrived 03/22/2016

NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   How likely is it to get approved for both Chase Sapphire Preferred and Chase AARP when applying back to back?

Another thread that I read recommended going for both the same day on the theory only one hard pull instead of two.  I cannot verify that nor do I want to.  Each card would be a YMMV in terms of approval or having to call and discuss it.

Barclaycard CashForward™ World MasterCard
Disclaimer
Barclaycard CashForward™ World MasterCard said: Get a $100 cash rewards bonus after you spend $500 in purchases in the first 90 days after account opening and earn unlimited 1.5% cash rewards on every purchase.
~ 0% Introductory APR for the first 12 months on purchases

http://www.findmybarclaycard.com/barclaycard-credit-cards/cashfo... 

I am not sure how this feature works:"Every time you redeem, get a 5% cash rewards redemption bonus to use toward your next redemption"

NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   How likely is it to get approved for both Chase Sapphire Preferred and Chase AARP when applying back to back?
  I just applied Monday and was approved for Chase SW 50,000 pts and Chase AARP $200 when spend $500 on the same day. Picked up a few other cards, too. How many cards have you applied for in last 24 months, chase branded cards (Sapphire, Freedom) have a 5 card in 24 months rule. So if you have gotten 5 or more cards in the last 24 months probably won't be approved.

JW10 said:   
Barclaycard CashForward™ World MasterCard said: Get a $100 cash rewards bonus after you spend $500 in purchases in the first 90 days after account opening and earn unlimited 1.5% cash rewards on every purchase.

I am not sure how this feature works:"Every time you redeem, get a 5% cash rewards redemption bonus to use toward your next redemption"

I actually got this one in the mail. Mine was $200 for $500 spend, and it was one of the best experiences I've had.

First of all, the $200 appeared the day after I had spent $500, as opposed to the next billing cycle. Secondly, I could redeem to my bank account right away. With the 1.5%, I had accrued about $207 in rewards from them. And now here's the answer to you question:

What I did at that time was redeem $157 to my bank account. With the $157 redemption, I earned ANOTHER 5%, or around another $7.5. The next day, I redeemed $57.50 to my account.

The reason I had to leave $50 in was that their redemption starts at $50. But as you can see, it doesn't go in multiples, so once you get over $50, you can get the exact amount. By the way, I also got another $2.75 as a 5% reward for redeeming the $57.50 (of course I'll never use that).

One other note: The offer I got was NOT 0% on purchases, so I had to pay the whole thing off. From the time I got my card until I had redeemed my $214ish in reward and paid the card off and was done with it was about one week. It was a beautiful experience.

I usually call and tell them how I am striving to build a healthy credit score. Works 100% on approval and CL increase.

The AOR was great 5+ years ago. Now, as fleetwoodmac mentioned, your credit apps post instantly and it is to be presumed that all issuers can see your activity within minutes. I don't go the AOR route anymore, but instead spread out my apps throughout the year. This also provides better benefit of being able to hit the top limited time deals when they are available. 6 to 8 cards throughout the year is not unreasonable. Also, the Chase 24/5 rule hurts. If you have opened for fewer than 5 cards in the last 24 months, go with Chase Ink Bus, Saphire Preferred, etc. Otherwise better off skipping those altogether. Chase co-branded travel cards such as SW, Hyatt, etc are also rumored to start the 24/5 rule next month so get them now if you want them.

Citi TY Premier as mentioned earlier is a must. BofA Better Balance Rewards and Citi Double Cash are good long term winners if you don't have them already. AMEX BBVA Compass has $200 signup bonus and will offer 5% CB for 2 weeks of NBA finals.

Corndogg said:   The AOR was great 5+ years ago. Now, as fleetwoodmac mentioned, your credit apps post instantly and it is to be presumed that all issuers can see your activity within minutes. I don't go the AOR route anymore, but instead spread out my apps throughout the year. This also provides better benefit of being able to hit the top limited time deals when they are available. 6 to 8 cards throughout the year is not unreasonable. Also, the Chase 24/5 rule hurts. If you have opened for fewer than 5 cards in the last 24 months, go with Chase Ink Bus, Saphire Preferred, etc. Otherwise better off skipping those altogether. Chase co-branded travel cards such as SW, Hyatt, etc are also rumored to start the 24/5 rule next month so get them now if you want them.

Citi TY Premier as mentioned earlier is a must. BofA Better Balance Rewards and Citi Double Cash are good long term winners if you don't have them already. AMEX BBVA Compass has $200 signup bonus and will offer 5% CB for 2 weeks of NBA finals.

Thanks for the recommendations!
I think it still makes sense to apply for several cards at once in terms of them chipping off at once in several months. It also makes sense for my schedule; I travel internationally a lot.

I personally do them one at a time. I do not have thousands of dollars in spending each month, so if I did them all at once I'd have to find a way to manufacture all that spending.
I get one card, take a few weeks to meet the spending threshold with my regular spending, secure the bonus, and move on to the next.

For several months now, I've been able to find a new card immediately.

As I mentioned in the post above, I just made $200 for spending $500 on the Barclay. This morning I went online and was approved for the Bank of America MLB card.

And I too LOVED the App-O-Rama. In 2007 I had an income of about 20,000 and had over $250,000 in credit card debt. Those were the days.

pisistratus said:   
imbatman said:   https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/711457/ 

Batman! Long time no see! Miss you since the app-o-rama game.
I checked the thread, and there was not category for bonuses, so I asked here.
If you play the points game, some are not redeemable. I do not use points for flying, only for cash exchanges.
Thanks for the references! Btw, do you know if Barklays limits their number of cards? I got Priceline one just last December.

it was more of a general comment of - this is a "what credit cards should I get?" question. and there's a sticky thread for that.
hilton points are redeemable for cash equivalents (not cash, just gift cards). the ratio sucks, don't get it. It's like .2 cpp
you can get the Barclay Arrival card.

imbatman said:     it was more of a general comment of - this is a "what credit cards should I get?" question. and there's a sticky thread for that.
hilton points are redeemable for cash equivalents (not cash, just gift cards). the ratio sucks, don't get it. It's like .2 cpp

Did not know about gift card option for hilton points. What do you do with Barclay's points?

Barclay Cash Forward Card
Disclaimer
I bit the bullet and settled for the $100.00 reward.  Instant approval.  What is interesting is the CL for this card was double the CL for the two cards that promised $200.00 for the same $500.00 spend requirement level.
Created the account and sent new account report to credit bureaus before I received the card.
Received the card March 25, 2016..
JW10 said:   

5% Cash Rewards Redemption Bonus
Every time you redeem, get a 5% cash rewards redemption bonus to use towards your next redemption.  For example, if you redeem $300 cash rewards, you will earn a $15 cash rewards redemption bonus to use toward your next redemption.          •  Cash rewards redemption bonuses are added to your Account within one (1) business day after your redemption is processed.
          •  Cash rewards redemption bonuses are earned every time you redeem, regardless of if you redeem for ACH deposits into US checking or savings accounts, statement credits, and/or gift cards.
          •  Cash rewards redemption bonuses will be rounded to the nearest cent. For example, if you redeem $325.25 cash rewards, your cash rewards redemption bonus of $16.262 will be rounded to $16.26. Likewise, if you redeem $325.75 cash rewards, your cash rewards redemption bonus of $16.287 will be rounded to $16.29. 

tears the fun is long gone. ALl dat der free points and monies no more

pisistratus said:   
imbatman said:     it was more of a general comment of - this is a "what credit cards should I get?" question. and there's a sticky thread for that.

Did not know about gift card option for hilton points. What do you do with Barclay's points?

redeem for statement credit at 1 cpp for eligible travel expenses.
if not an eligible travel expense, redeem for .5 cpp

https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1265825/
https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1344303/

Quicksilver from Capital One - Earn Unlimited 1.5 Cash Back
Disclaimer
Quicksilver From Capital One
Earn a one-time bonus of $100 once you spend $500 on purchases within the first 3 months.  Purchases ~~0% introductory APR through your 01/2017 billing period
https://www.capitalone.com/credit-cards/quicksilver/ 
Website states EXCELLENT credit required. While I met the examples of Excellent credit show on the website, I was instantly declined.
Waiting for explanation letter.
Website indicated explanation letter would come by snail mail.  Not received yet, but I did get a copy by email.

UPDATE:  Capital One did HARD PULL on ALL three credit bureaus

ICMATULKASPRMKY said:   tears the fun is long gone. ALl dat der free points and monies no more
  I think the game has evolved. Instead of getting % from depositing free monies from credit cards, one can get bonuses after spending certain amounts.

NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   How likely is it to get approved for both Chase Sapphire Preferred and Chase AARP when applying back to back?Answer:
Applied for SP this afternoon ... approved.
Applied for AARP this afternoon ... approved.

--------------------

Applied for Barclay Arrival this afternoon ... approved. I wanted the Arrival because it has PIN capability ... may need it during my upcoming overseas trip for gas, parking, buses, etc. I had the Arrival+ previously but closed it just before the redemption downgrade.

Chase is moving to Chip and PIN. In the unlikely event you receive a card without it, call customer service.  The AARP Visa card photo had it.
Chase has a full segment of their customer information web pages devoted to Chip and PIN.

JW10 said:   Chase is moving to Chip and PIN. In the unlikely event you receive a card without it, call customer service.  The AARP Visa card photo had it.
Chase has a full segment of their customer information web pages devoted to Chip and PIN.
I'm pretty sure all the Chase cards are Chip and Signature only.

Barclay Arrival and Arrival+ are Chip and Signature default, but work with PIN at unattended kiosks.

Given how slow App-o-Rama are these days, isn't a couple applying for the below a good app?
2xBank of America Sports teams ($200 on $500 purchase)
2xCiti Premiere (40k points on $3000 purchase)
2xChase AARP ($200 on $500 purchase)

That's a total of $1600 in a single app run for a couple.  If you haven't already done the sapphire, barclays, capital one.. that's another $800-$1000/card family/couple.

May want to look over the AMEX offers IF you can benefit from the cell phone provider bonus. Personally, I am not that thrilled with AF version compared to the no AF version given the $50.00 Signup bonus difference does not cover the AF and the AF starts immediately per AMEX CSR.

Thanks, response5959 and JW10! Did my App-o-Rama a few days ago. Got 3 most desired cards. Also got a referral bonus from one of them.

As best as I can currently find, Chase AARP has cut the signup bonus in half to $100.00 for $500.00 spend. For that reason, I replaced the FW thread for that card.
https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1498454/

Previous thread for reference only:
https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1485791/

Major League Baseball BAC Cash Rewards
Disclaimer
Bank of America MLB Cash Rewards $200 after $500 spending is back
Link updated July 30, 2016
The links have changed from previous mentions of this MLB version.  Pick a team of your choice.
1% cash back everywhere, every time
Earn a total of 2% at grocery stores and 3% on gas for the first $1,500 in combined purchases in those categories each quarter
Redeem for cash back starting at $25. Plus get a 10% customer bonus when you redeem into a Bank of America® checking or savings account.

Business version - $100.00 signup bonus for $500.00 spend in 60 days 

BankAmerica is now offering a BUSINESS version APPORAMA card.
$100.00 for $500 Spend inside 60 Days

Business rewards made simple

Earn 1% cash back on purchases, 2% on purchases at restaurants, and 3% on purchases at gas stations and office supply stores (up to $250,000 annually, 1% after that)
Get a $100 statement credit when you spend $500 within 60 days of your account opening
0% introductory APR on purchases for the first 9 billing cycles
No annual fee
Redeem your cash rewards for cash back or deposit them into a Bank of America savings or checking account

I'm new to the" apply for multiple cards on same day" deal but I'm not new to the card game(just always went for the big fish that gave $500 or more back). What is the trick to applying to multiple once on same day? Just open each offer in a same browser but different window and click submit at the same time or do I wait unit one goes through and then submit the next one? Thank You!!

I went for the Santander Bank Bravo Card successfully.
===========
That said, I would do the Santander Bank Check $150.00 signup bonus first.
Santander Bank Checking Account $150.00 signup offer
Some CC may be used as purchase for the deposit. YMMV -
One Direct Deposit $500 or more required in order to get this bonus.
One transaction per month required to avoid monthly fee.
Savings account signup also required - no bonus - minimum deposit $25 up to $500.00 possible also processed on some CC as purchase. YMMV
Santander bank will ACH in or out without a fee.
=============
Once the dust settles from that, Apply for Santander Bank Bravo for $100.00 signup bonus. Annual fee waved first year and each year after that you keep the above checking account.
Earn $100 cash back via statement credit after you spend $1,000 on new net retail purchases in your first 90 days of opening your account*.
Earn 3x rewards points on supermarket, gas station, and restaurant purchases; Up to 15,000 points per calendar quarter; 1x point otherwise
0% Intro APR Balance Transfers / 3% BT fee / Enjoy 18 months of 0% Introductory Annual Percentage Rate (APR) financing on balances transferred from another card within the first 90 days after you open the account*.

Santander Bank Bravo MC link

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017