Bank of America eliminates ability to send messages

Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Needed to send BOFA a message online because of getting numerous security questions becuase of their settings.  I tried to send a message as i had done on another issue about a week ago.  but when i tried to send one, the option was gone.  Ended up using chat which basically said it was because of a setting i changed (Which I didn't) plus that was incorrect since it only affected bofa.  they then said they will have someone call me in a couple of minutes.  2 hours later no call.

looks like bofa is following what amex did, which is to eliminate a "paper trail" when providing incorrect information giving them deniability.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

wat

OIiverQuackenbush said:   wat

only chat w/boa, no secure msg.

I prefer  secure msg. too b/c you can send and move on. I hope chase keeps it.

OP you can still copy the chat for paper trail.

OP, maybe you should get your eyes checked.  Help & Support -> Contact Us -> Choose Your Topic -> Go -> Send Us An Email.  Have you ever disputed a charge on a BoA credit card?  BoA doesn't care about anyone's "paper trail".  They just want to get paid.

I hate businesses that make you call to get ordinary things resolved. Such a waste of time.

qcumber98 said:   OP, maybe you should get your eyes checked.  Help & Support -> Contact Us -> Choose Your Topic -> Go -> Send Us An Email.  Have you ever disputed a charge on a BoA credit card?  BoA doesn't care about anyone's "paper trail".  They just want to get paid.

The OP is correct, no eye examination necessary.  BoA removed the ability to send email for many topics a few months back.  For example, they no longer accept emails to customer service regarding savings or checking accounts. 

I don't think it is necessarily to "avoid a paper trail," since one can always print out the chat, just as one can print out an email.  But it does limit the number of contacts it has electronically.  They can and do turn off chat when it gets too busy for them. 
Just like the email agents, note that the chat agents are usually in foreign lands (Mexico, Costa Rica, India, Philippines) and were of limited value anyway.  If you have a complicated issue you need to call someone in USA for a real resolution. 

They went to chat-only years ago. The Amex chat is fine since you get mostly US reps that can do everything. The BofA reps seem to take a long time to parse your request then just tell you to call.

qcumber98 said:   OP, maybe you should get your eyes checked.  Help & Support -> Contact Us -> Choose Your Topic -> Go -> Send Us An Email.  Have you ever disputed a charge on a BoA credit card?  BoA doesn't care about anyone's "paper trail".  They just want to get paid.
  Maybe you should learn that  a know-it-all looks like a fool when they act like an a$$ and then find out their comment was incorrect

gurrl oh no u dint
Disclaimer
nymgiants said:   
  Maybe you should learn that  a know-it-all looks like a fool when they act like an a$$ and then find out their comment was incorrect

dayummmm u just gunna sit there like that and take that???

ArmchairArchitect said:   I hate businesses that make you call to get ordinary things resolved. Such a waste of time.
Their contact us page tells you to use facebook:
http://go.bofa.com/fbhelpdesk or http://go.bofa.com/fbhdmobile on mobile devices.

(but I'm not ready to trust that method and I'm surprised bofa would either, given fb's attitude on handling private info)

TravelerMSY said:   They went to chat-only years ago. The Amex chat is fine since you get mostly US reps that can do everything. The BofA reps seem to take a long time to parse your request then just tell you to call.
I ran into this recently. I signed up for a checking account, supposedly with $300 bonus but saw no indication of the bonus once I applied and wanted to verify that I had it before funding the account. There are very limited topics that you can email them about, they tell you to chat. So I tried a chat and the first 3 days I got "chat is busy try later". Eventually I was able to get in but had a 15-20 minute wait before someone came in. Then after getting all of my info they told me that I had to call. After ending the chat it popped up a survey and then closed the window without emailing me the transcript.

Tried calling them last night at 11pm and found that they close at 10pm. Called this morning and spent 20 minutes on hold. The recording I got suggested going to their website to make an appointment to see someone in a branch. When the person finally picked up the first thing they did was apologize for the delay.

I had no idea that their customer service was so horrible.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017