Make money with a great credit score

Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Does anybody know is there a way to make money with a great credit score above 800?

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
I am clearly doing something wrong!

DavidScubadiver (Jul. 27, 2016 @ 12:47p) |

Math hurts.

Jamieson22 (Jul. 27, 2016 @ 12:53p) |

That humble brag follows you everywhere, doesn't it?

jaytrader (Jul. 27, 2016 @ 1:47p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Kinda assume you have been making money if you have credit score above 800. Most broke people have poor credit scores.

Credit card bonuses.

There is a MLB (as in baseball) Credit Card out there right now. $200 bonus after $500 spend, you can apply for up to 3 teams for a total of $6000.

Start HERE with various open new credit offers. Read and understand each offer for Annual Fee (AF) and other terms.
Be aware each new credit application may affect your credit score for up to two years. Not likely to do you any real damage when you are currently at 800+. Some lenders like Chase and Citi have rules to learn before applying anywhere.
https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1485925/
-------
The next one is a bit longer .... skip to the last few pages
https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1485925/

Bank deposit offers are an option as well.

You can make millions but people can't tell you the way it's secret and fragile.

Sdar said:   Does anybody know is there a way to make money with a great credit score above 800
  yes

edit your title and add a '?' to the end of it
~~because click bait

Sdar said:   Does anybody know is there a way to make money with a great credit score above 800

1. Spend all day on FW
2. ???
3. Profit

Take out a lot of loans then default?

tennis8363 said:   Credit card bonuses.

There is a MLB (as in baseball) Credit Card out there right now. $200 bonus after $500 spend, you can apply for up to 3 teams for a total of $6000.

Are you sure you make $6,000 by doing $200 bonuses 3 times?

ill give you 10k if you let me take out a loan for 100k using your credit? I'll attempt to pay it back but hey things happen

blueiedgod said:   

There is a MLB (as in baseball) Credit Card out there right now. $200 bonus after $500 spend, you can apply for up to 3 teams for a total of $6000.

Are you sure you make $6,000 by doing $200 bonuses 3 times?

bernie madoff could do it!

Buy rentals

The signup bonuses approved for great FICOs on some cards offer easily translate into big buck savings; 50K + not uncommon. I flew from San Francisco to Hong Kong one way first class on Singapore Air for 82k points; Cost me $5; The cost of this one way first class ticket is $10,700. Thus saved $10,695.

bopc1996 said:   The signup bonuses approved for great FICOs on some cards offer easily translate into big buck savings; 50K + not uncommon. I flew from San Francisco to Hong Kong one way first class on Singapore Air for 82k points; Cost me $5; The cost of this one way first class ticket is $10,700. Thus saved $10,695.

I'm just going to go out on a limb here and guess if you didn't get the signup bonus you weren't going to go and drop $10k on a ticket.  So you didn't really "save" 10k. 

Yea, who the hell pays $10,000 for one plane ticket? You could probably charter a private jet for less. How did you get back? Backstroke?

Leverage credit for H&B

Flip Crown Vics

or, there was this great concept.

AbbaZabba said:   
bopc1996 said:   The signup bonuses approved for great FICOs on some cards offer easily translate into big buck savings; 50K + not uncommon. I flew from San Francisco to Hong Kong one way first class on Singapore Air for 82k points; Cost me $5; The cost of this one way first class ticket is $10,700. Thus saved $10,695.

I'm just going to go out on a limb here and guess if you didn't get the signup bonus you weren't going to go and drop $10k on a ticket.  So you didn't really "save" 10k. 

You are absolutely right but you do have translate the cost of pain and suffering for a 14 hour non stop flight in economy. Might not be $10k but for those of us who suffered back pain weeks afterwards from long economy international flights it comes close.

atikovi said:   Yea, who the hell pays $10,000 for one plane ticket? You could probably charter a private jet for less.
Only if you're putting wings on a crown vic

Only thing a good credit score gets you is the opportunity to spend more money.

You have the right idea. A great score is there to be used, pummeled with inquiries until it's getting close to the low 700's. You don't get a star for the day for having a high but unused score.

atikovi said:   Yea, who the hell pays $10,000 for one plane ticket? You could probably charter a private jet for less. How did you get back? Backstroke?
  10k is a bargain compared to chartering even a small jet transpac. It's the main reason fancy first class exists on commercial flights.

TravelerMSY said:   You have the right idea. A great score is there to be used, pummeled with inquiries until it's getting close to the low 700's. You don't get a star for the day for having a high but unused score.

Math hurts.

DavidScubadiver said:   
TravelerMSY said:   You have the right idea. A great score is there to be used, pummeled with inquiries until it's getting close to the low 700's. You don't get a star for the day for having a high but unused score.

That humble brag follows you everywhere, doesn't it?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016