Anyone get their "Discover Double Cashback" posted yet?

Archived From: Finance
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I am in my 13th month (12 statements) since getting the "double cashback" promo added to my EXISTING "IT" card.  Nothing yet.  Curious if anyone (either new or existing) has seen any DoubleCB$$$ yet.  There should be a lot of happy people by now.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
123,142 Miles posted

user1337 (Oct. 27, 2016 @ 11:41a) |

$932 posted for myself, $212 for my wife. Not bad.

drexelejm (Oct. 27, 2016 @ 1:25p) |

Paid as promised. ~$1500.

TravelerMSY (Oct. 27, 2016 @ 2:50p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Got a status email from Discover for my 9 month cash back activity. They said it will be matched at the end of my first year on Oct 7... crossing my fingers. Did you get a similar email?

Not yet.

Looks like we'll get it during the fourteenth month:

"3. When do I get my Double?
We will double all the cash back rewards you've earned after your first 12 consecutive billing periods in our exclusive Double Cash Back program. Then you'll see your double cash back in your account following your 13th billing period."

Got it on my Miles card sometime around when my 13th statement closed, I'm expecting it on my 5% categories card next month.

FrozenBiker said:   Looks like we'll get it during the fourteenth month:

"3. When do I get my Double?
We will double all the cash back rewards you've earned after your first 12 consecutive billing periods in our exclusive Double Cash Back program. Then you'll see your double cash back in your account following your 13th billing period."

Makes sense.  They weren't clear when I got my confirmation email when I signed up.

tchen811 said:   Got a status email from Discover for my 9 month cash back activity. They said it will be matched at the end of my first year on Oct 7... crossing my fingers. Did you get a similar email?

Same here.  Got that e-mail a few days ago too.

They were no hassle at all when I asked them to confirm it back in May and after my June statement. I've not heard any wavering from them. At least when they allow a promotion to work in unintended ways for a bit they honor it for those who sign up early. I doubt they'll reneg with all the confirmations. I'm not going to worry until the August statement.

Is there any easy way to confirm exactly when the last day to earn double rewards are on a card?

I have 2 cards and forgot exactly when I enrolled in double cashback...one card was an original application to an IT and one I converted to IT.

Call them and ask.

They told me via secure message

ChrisV said:   Is there any easy way to confirm exactly when the last day to earn double rewards are on a card?

I have 2 cards and forgot exactly when I enrolled in double cashback...one card was an original application to an IT and one I converted to IT.

I've called and asked that, and emailed them and asked that.

Both times I didn't get a clear answer.

Discover has this 'running credit limit' thing which is useless. I'd rather have a 'running cashback' thing like Salle Mae MC has.

Krazen1211 said:   
ChrisV said:   Is there any easy way to confirm exactly when the last day to earn double rewards are on a card?

I've called and asked that, and emailed them and asked that.

Both times I didn't get a clear answer.

Discover has this 'running credit limit' thing which is useless. I'd rather have a 'running cashback' thing like Salle Mae MC has.

Just keep emailing them. Eventually every back gets tired of not responding to the actual question unless you're really being forwarded to a bot.

Phone call was a complete waste of time (should have stuck to do not call rule ha). Person on the phone kept repeating 5% categories and said my card opening date of 2013 so one year from that date. Surprising since they were US based (Ohio?)

Online chat (someone from Salt Lake City, UT) did actually lookup my account information and was able to confirm my enroll date and end date.

Mine posted today on one of my cards which was two days after the 12th statement.

i got the email recently saying i'll get double with 1 year anniversary - seems all legit to me, and dont expect any problem.

So .. what's the best way to cash in the points? Get giftcards which sometimes are sold at 10% or 20% discount?

Only IF the gift cards offered at a discount have value to you personally.

Why not just get cash? That's what I do.

The often have $25 Staples gift card for $20 ..Maybe a few others similar to that.
I usually go for the statement credit tho.

Did any of you who ALREADY GOT your double cashback paid have any 10% ApplePay included?

FrozenBiker said:   The often have $25 Staples gift card for $20 ..Maybe a few others similar to that.
I usually go for the statement credit tho.

You can buy 3rd party gift cards at Staples with GCs.

I originally signed up for the double cashback offer on June 1, 2015 and my cashback match posted with today's statement. I received several hundred dollars from the cashback match so I went through my last 12 months of statements and can confirm that this appears to include everything - ShopDiscover/Discover Deals, the Apple Pay 10% promo, etc.

J3anyus said:   I originally signed up for the double cashback offer on June 1, 2015 and my cashback match posted with today's statement. I received several hundred dollars from the cashback match so I went through my last 12 months of statements and can confirm that this appears to include everything - ShopDiscover/Discover Deals, the Apple Pay 10% promo, etc.

nice ..

raceman73 said:   Why not just get cash? That's what I do.
  Sometimes they have gc for stores that i use - so if that's the case, might work out better if you get bit more than cash. 
  But yes - if nothing else looks promising, no issue with getting cash/credit back.   I've $500 pending, and will double to $1,000 - i can live with cash as well.

data point - never received any email updates on the promotion during the past 12 months, but received the extra (doubled) cashback for the year in my statement this month.

MisterEd said:   Did any of you who ALREADY GOT your double cashback paid have any 10% ApplePay included?
  The email confirmation I got includes my Apple Pay cash back. So I don't foresee any issues.

Just got the email tonight. Due to this thread, I cashed it in 2 days ago. Thanks OP!

Were any of you who were paid your CB add the double-cashback to an EXISTING account rather than opened a new account ?

J3anyus said:   I originally signed up for the double cashback offer on June 1, 2015 and my cashback match posted with today's statement. I received several hundred dollars from the cashback match so I went through my last 12 months of statements and can confirm that this appears to include everything - ShopDiscover/Discover Deals, the Apple Pay 10% promo, etc.
  Recently Discover had a referral program.   If you referred someone and they signed up, both of you got a $50 reward based on that.   Anyone know if that is also eligible for the doubling also?
Anyone actually get the doubling on that?

kb2120 said:   data point - never received any email updates on the promotion during the past 12 months, but received the extra (doubled) cashback for the year in my statement this month.

MisterEd said:   Were any of you who were paid your CB add the double-cashback to an EXISTING account rather than opened a new account ?

Mine was an existing card.

MisterEd said:   Were any of you who were paid your CB add the double-cashback to an EXISTING account rather than opened a new account ?
  existing account.  I hadn't even realized it had posted until I checked because of this thread.  "Thanks OP!"

I finish 12 months on August 4. So with the 14th statement rule, I should get in Oct, right?

Haven't recd. any email though.

Got it on my existing account, including all of the cash back earned from Discover Deals and referral bonuses.

Got mine today. $165. Woooo!

Got about $3000 matched at the end of the year. Early Apple Pay stuff was matched.

Got mine today. Exact amount they told me it would be less than a month ago and total of amounts I kept track of for the 12 months.

DPG said:   Mine posted today on one of my cards which was two days after the 12th statement.
  Received the expected cash back on my second account. Same timing as above.

there any easy way to confirm exactly when the last day to earn double rewards are on a card?

Call them up and ask when your 2% ends. That's what I did and I got the exact date from the customer service rep.

My 2% bonus was posted to my account this month.

If I signed up for this on 06/15/15 thru online chat with customer service, and my billing cycle is the 10th of the month, my 12 months would start 07/11/15 and end 07/10/16. When should the double cash back be posted to my account?

Skipping 30 Messages...
Paid as promised. ~$1500.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017