• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
per their website, your own bank push of $2500 qualifies!

http://www.tdbank.com/personal/checking_inc.html 

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
I did for both my and my wife's accounts. Now they both have $100-200 in the accounts, haven't had a fee at all, and the... (more)

jaytrader (Nov. 23, 2016 @ 8:46a) |

I sent money via Capital one 360 and on my statement is says P2P?  how is it p2p is its from another bank?

Phenomix (Jan. 27, 2017 @ 1:55p) |

Maybe somehow TD knows it's a transfer from a personal checking account or something? Not sure what details go across AC... (more)

jaytrader (Jan. 27, 2017 @ 3:38p) |

Only available to residents of the following states (and DC; generally east coast):

CT, DC, DE, FL MA, MD, ME, NC, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, SC, VA, VT.
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
your own bank push of $2500 qualifies! direct deposit only..

rated:
freshpl said:   your own bank push of $2500 qualifies! direct deposit only..
  http://www.tdbank.com/popup/qualified-direct-deposit-popup.html

rated:
TOS  said: Once the offer criteria is met, the bonus will be credited into the new personal checking account no later than 95 days from account opening. Account must remain open, active, in good standing, and in the same product type through the qualifying period to receive the bonus. Bonus will be reported as taxable income to the IRS on a 1099-MISC.
 


 

rated:
catanpirate said:   
TOS  said: Once the offer criteria is met, the bonus will be credited into the new personal checking account no later than 95 days from account opening. Account must remain open, active, in good standing, and in the same product type through the qualifying period to receive the bonus. Bonus will be reported as taxable income to the IRS on a 1099-MISC.

  Ya thats any bank bonus, where credit card bonuses are considered rebates and not 1099'ed

rated:
How often do you FW'ers open new bank accounts just for the bonus? Does it hurt if you open and close 10 or more new accounts in a year (just wondering if there is a limit)... I am assuming a new bank account is a soft pull. How long do you keep these accounts open? Does it make sense to open some accounts in your name and some in your spouse's name or it does not matter? Can both husband and wife open an account each (of course, not as joint accounts) and claim the bonus?

rated:
cutemitu said:   How often do you FW'ers open new bank accounts just for the bonus? Does it hurt if you open and close 10 or more new accounts in a year (just wondering if there is a limit)... I am assuming a new bank account is a soft pull. How long do you keep these accounts open? Does it make sense to open some accounts in your name and some in your spouse's name or it does not matter? Can both husband and wife open an account each (of course, not as joint accounts) and claim the bonus?
As often as possible. You can be blacklisted. Until they can be closed w/o penalty. As many as allowed per the T&C.   

rated:
When can TD be closed without penalty?
Clicking the "fees" tab on the initial signup page doesn't disclose much.
Downloaded the Premier brochure but didn't see any early closing fee.
Can anybody confirm that there is no account closing fee?

rated:
I cannot find any closing fees anywhere. Interest rate is garbage, but bonus is very good.

rated:
Here is your wall-o-text:

*Offer is available to new personal checking Customers who do not have an existing or prior personal checking account at TD Bank, open their account online via this web page and complete the required qualifying criteria. $300 bonus offer available to eligible new personal checking Customers when opening a TD Premier CheckingSM account with cumulative direct deposit funds of $2,500 or more into the new account within 60 days of account opening. $150 bonus available to eligible new personal checking Customers when opening a TD Convenience CheckingSM account with cumulative direct deposit funds of $500 or more into the new account within 60 days of account opening. Once the offer criteria is met, the bonus will be credited into the new personal checking account no later than 95 days from account opening. Account must remain open, active, in good standing, and in the same product type through the qualifying period to receive the bonus. Bonus will be reported as taxable income to the IRS on a 1099-MISC. Offer may be withdrawn at any time and is subject to change. One bonus per Customer and cannot be combined with any other offer. TD Bank employees and Canadian cross-border banking Customers are not eligible.

rated:
Only available to residents of the following states (and DC; generally east coast):

CT, DC, DE, FL MA, MD, ME, NC, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, SC, VA, VT.

rated:
Ouch: Offer is available to new personal checking Customers who do not have an existing or prior personal checking account at TD Bank.

So no checking account ever at TD?

rated:
thanks, snagged two. easy $600. and we have local TDs

rated:
Ouch on the no TDbank ever, I had one in college because it was nearby and they had the penny arcade machine which they didn't charge a fee for redeeming if you had an account.

rated:
Thanks OP -- had some issues opening an account with a deposit online -- will have to go make a deposit in person for whatever reason. Also as an FYI $300 credit card available for initial funding, some report as cash advance, some as a purchase, YMMV.

rated:
So...

Open account
Wire 2,500 from different account
Wait for $300
Done?

Does a transfer from your own bank account work? Or is a "direct deposit" different?

rated:
read http://www.tdbank.com/popup/qualified-direct-deposit-popup.html  posted by me above, and tell me!

Also, if one wants to avoid issues with on-line set-up: make sure you don't decline TD debit card. Once you know card number - no more issues!

rated:
emgeecee said:   Ouch on the no TDbank ever, I had one in college because it was nearby and they had the penny arcade machine which they didn't charge a fee for redeeming if you had an account.
  I know first hand of opening in new state and getting the $150 bonus, while still having an open TD checking account in different state! I wouldn't worry about your college "experience". Was it Commerce Bank?

rated:
Qualified Direct Deposit for TD Advance Deposit

A qualified direct deposit is any electronic deposit of $100 or more into your associated personal checking account, including recurring electronic deposits (like a payroll deposit, Social Security deposit, etc.) and one-time electronic funds transfers (like tax refunds, funds transferred from another bank, etc.).

wire transfer is about 35$ from another bank sounds about right?

rated:
freshpl said:   Qualified Direct Deposit for TD Advance Deposit

A qualified direct deposit is any electronic deposit of $100 or more into your associated personal checking account, including recurring electronic deposits (like a payroll deposit, Social Security deposit, etc.) and one-time electronic funds transfers (like tax refunds, funds transferred from another bank, etc.).

wire transfer is about 35$ from another bank sounds about right?

  pls don't create confusion here. No wires!! free ACH from another bank

rated:
Floydian said:    Also as an FYI $300 credit card available for initial funding, 
Huh?

rated:
marcopolomle said:   
Floydian said:    Also as an FYI $300 credit card available for initial funding, 
Huh?

  you can put initial funding up to $300 on any VISA/MC

rated:
I wonder if the $300 charge to the credit card will be applied as purchase or cash advance?

Anyone tried that?

rated:
vquasarv said:   Only available to residents of the following states (and DC; generally east coast):

CT, DC, DE, FL MA, MD, ME, NC, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, SC, VA, VT.

  Where is this restriction listed?

rated:
ultraDeal said:   
vquasarv said:   Only available to residents of the following states (and DC; generally east coast):

CT, DC, DE, FL MA, MD, ME, NC, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, SC, VA, VT.

  Where is this restriction listed?

  I'd like to know this as well.

rated:
ultraDeal said:   
vquasarv said:   Only available to residents of the following states (and DC; generally east coast):

CT, DC, DE, FL MA, MD, ME, NC, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, SC, VA, VT.

  Where is this restriction listed?

I don't know where they saw that listed, but I just tried opening an account on their website, and on the second page of the application when it asks your address, for State it only lets you choose those states.

rated:
Why do you need the debit card number for initial funding?

Wouldn't you use the bank routing and account numbers for initial transfer of $2,500?

Confused...

rated:
Anyone confused by how to do a bank bonus deal or open a checking account should probably find a thread about trees or insurance or something instead.

rated:
I have done 2 of these in the past. I received debit cards but never used them. That's why I asked.

rated:
duplicate

rated:
I opened and funded thru another bank fine without choosing debit card option. Only small issue I ran into was trying to setup online access and creating userid, as debit card # was a requirement.

rated:
pmartinez226 said:   I opened and funded thru another bank fine without choosing debit card option. Only small issue I ran into was trying to setup online access and creating userid, as debit card # was a requirement.
  exactly. So make sure and don't opt out of Debit Card

rated:
So I have to park $2,500 for at least 95 days?
What happens after I have received $300 promotional credit- downgrade the account or close it ?

rated:
Did anyone open their account today - July 4th. I tried to transfer money in from 2 other bank accounts I had, and in both cases got the message that they were unable to access my accounts. I am thinking maybe the banking networks are shut down for the holiday? Anyone know?

rated:
Just did and had no problem funding from ETrade checking.

rated:
SinglePapa said:   
freshpl said:   Qualified Direct Deposit for TD Advance Deposit

A qualified direct deposit is any electronic deposit of $100 or more into your associated personal checking account, including recurring electronic deposits (like a payroll deposit, Social Security deposit, etc.) and one-time electronic funds transfers (like tax refunds, funds transferred from another bank, etc.).

wire transfer is about 35$ from another bank sounds about right?

  pls don't create confusion here. No wires!! free ACH from another bank

  Outgoing ACH:
"$3.00 External transfers to other institutions with 3 day delivery"
 

rated:
It's from TD, not to TD

rated:
After the 1099-misc what would the total come to I wonder? Looking at minus $45 to $60 maybe depending on tax bracket?

rated:
Wonder if you can do both ... the convenience ($150) and premier ($300) accts for a total of $450? I guess that might be pushing the envelope?

Skipping 128 Messages...
rated:
Phenomix said:   I sent money via Capital one 360 and on my statement is says P2P?  how is it p2p is its from another bank?
  Maybe somehow TD knows it's a transfer from a personal checking account or something? Not sure what details go across ACH.

  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
     
    Click here for full-featured reply.


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017