Blue Cash to Blue Cash Everyday Conversion and Rewards

Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
They are converting my Blue Cash to Blue Cash Everyday because "I am not getting the most out of my Blue Cash from American Express Card" as they put it in their letter.
I have unused Reward Dollars in my current Blue Cash account. Will these Reward Dollars automatically transfer to my new  Blue Cash Everyday after conversion?

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

for the sake of those who still have blue cash, how do you currently use yours, and did they indicate how you're not getting the most out of it?

My anniversary date on the old blue cash just turned over and I received no such letter. They increased my limit by $4K because I was charging a lot on it.

damastaodisasta said:   for the sake of those who still have blue cash, how do you currently use yours, and did they indicate how you're not getting the most out of it?
  Almost never use my Blue Cash. Have used only a few time in the last few years.

SinbadS said:   
damastaodisasta said:   for the sake of those who still have blue cash, how do you currently use yours, and did they indicate how you're not getting the most out of it?

Beg them to switch you back and promise to use the card more.  Don't tell them where you'll be using it.

DTASFAB said:   
SinbadS said:   

Beg them to switch you back and promise to use the card more.  Don't tell them where you'll be using it.

My original question was: Do I lose my reward after conversion or they transfer over? Also, what is the big advantage of Blue Cash over Blue Cash Everyday?

SinbadS said:   
DTASFAB said:   
SinbadS said:   

My original question was: Do I lose my reward after conversion or they transfer over? Also, what is the big advantage of Blue Cash over Blue Cash Everyday?

You should not lose any rewards you had previously accumulated, but you said you hadn't used the card for quite some time?  How much are we talking?

The advantage is the higher cash back at pharmacies.

You will not loose them since they are both cash rewards. You should call and verify.

DTASFAB said:   
SinbadS said:   
DTASFAB said:   
SinbadS said:   

You should not lose any rewards you had previously accumulated, but you said you hadn't used the card for quite some time?  How much are we talking?

I currently have 22.36 Reward DollarsŪ and I was going to spend another $264 to get a gift card for $25 (minimum required).

I had an Amex Blue (not Cash, just plain Amex Blue) that I've had since I turned 18 (it was my first credit card).  I received a letter last month saying I wasn't getting all the rewards I could so they were "upgrading" me to Amex Everyday ... Kind of miss the "blue" card now that I received the new "silver" everyday card .. But I rarely use the card anyway so wasn't attached to it for any particular financial reason ... Couldn't really find a downfall to my switch but it wasn't a "cash" version ...

ShadowedBlade said:   I had an Amex Blue (not Cash, just plain Amex Blue) that I've had since I turned 18 (it was my first credit card).  I received a letter last month saying I wasn't getting all the rewards I could so they were "upgrading" me to Amex Everyday ... Kind of miss the "blue" card now that I received the new "silver" everyday card .. But I rarely use the card anyway so wasn't attached to it for any particular financial reason ... Couldn't really find a downfall to my switch but it wasn't a "cash" version ...
  Could you transfer your reward dollars from Blue to Everyday without a problem (or were they transferred automatically)?

SinbadS said:   
ShadowedBlade said:   I had an Amex Blue (not Cash, just plain Amex Blue) that I've had since I turned 18 (it was my first credit card).  I received a letter last month saying I wasn't getting all the rewards I could so they were "upgrading" me to Amex Everyday ... Kind of miss the "blue" card now that I received the new "silver" everyday card .. But I rarely use the card anyway so wasn't attached to it for any particular financial reason ... Couldn't really find a downfall to my switch but it wasn't a "cash" version ...
  Could you transfer your reward dollars from Blue to Everyday without a problem (or were they transferred automatically)?

I didn't have a "cash" reward card ... it was just a Membership Rewards eligible card ... but all my Membership Reward points transferred automatically (same Membership Rewards account on the new card).

SinbadS said:   
DTASFAB said:   
SinbadS said:   
DTASFAB said:   
SinbadS said:   

I currently have 22.36 Reward DollarsŪ and I was going to spend another $264 to get a gift card for $25 (minimum required).

Wait for the BCE if you aren't going to max out the pharmacy bonus. BCE has 2% points at Department Stores and gas stations and 3% for groceries.

I have had the American Express Optima card since 1984 (32 years) and just got the same letter, telling me I'm not getting the most out of my card.
It says I am being "upgraded" to the Amex Everyday Credit Card.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017