• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
https://www.bmoharris.com/main/personal/always-on/2015/checking

this offer's been around a decade! Currently, it seems one has to call in for account application(?) Additionally, last year there was $50 extra bonus for opting-out of paper statements! Let's see what we can do this summer...

I'm quite sure that despite the standard DD language, plenty of precedent pushing $300 DD yourself...

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Is this churnable? Did it a couple years ago.

rated:
matrix5k said:   Is this churnable? Did it a couple years ago.
You should be good to go if you haven't had an account for the past 12 months. 
"Offer not available to existing BMO Harris personal checking account customers (including all signers on joint accounts) or those who have closed a BMO Harris personal checking account within the past 12 months of opening a new account as part of this promotion."

rated:
SinglePapa said:   
I'm quite sure that despite the standard DD language, plenty of precedent pushing $300 DD yourself...

Their version of "standard" language included "We reserve the right to request documentation to support that the direct deposits are qualifying direct deposits."
For $250, that was enough for me to use true DD.  I just viewed it as a little riskier to use ACH even if it worked for others.  

Thanks for the reminder, OP.  It is time to switch my DD, close the account and wait 12 months for the next opportunity.  I will probably go with ACH next time.

rated:
Are there geographic restrictions? TIA

rated:
the last time around I had a difficult time getting the bonus out of them . I even threatened to call the BBB on them.
They finally paid the bonus after alot of wrangling
Can other readers share their experiences?

rated:
My $250 checking bonus came through on time without a hitch. $25 savings bonus is a bit late. Need to check terms and give them a call.

rated:
I got my bonus with no hassle back in 2014. I used paypal as DD but not sure if that still works now.

rated:
No hassle a few weeks ago. Had to apply over the phone. Bank rep asked why I was applying in a state where they didn't have a b&m branch so I told him I would use the acct for online banking purposes. Bonus was deposited shortly after I completed the requirements, and well ahead of the date stated on the promotion.

rated:
oradbatic said:   the last time around I had a difficult time getting the bonus out of them . I even threatened to call the BBB on them.
They finally paid the bonus after alot of wrangling
Can other readers share their experiences?

Wow!  Things were so rough you were going to call in Triple B?  OMG!!!  

All seriousness aside, you might have had better luck calling in the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau (CFPB) rather than the Better Business Bureau.  

rated:
Spooie said:   No hassle a few weeks ago. Had to apply over the phone. Bank rep asked why I was applying in a state where they didn't have a b&m branch so I told him I would use the acct for online banking purposes. Bonus was deposited shortly after I completed the requirements, and well ahead of the date stated on the promotion.

Which was what, just one DD (the terms are vague about this)?  And what did you use for DD?  I also can't seem to find how long an account needs to be open.

rated:
I think it paid right after the second DD, which I used my employer DD to qualify.  I think the acct needs to remain open for six months (to avoid closing fees), as I have a reminder in Outlook to close it in October.

rated:
tried to sign up this AM, but was told that since they do everything via mail it's too late as offer ends 7/31. A professional bank would have opened the acct via phone and would be done with it. But they probably will start a new offer next week as this offer is always around.

rated:
barrytuneup said:   tried to sign up this AM, but was told that since they do everything via mail it's too late as offer ends 7/31. A professional bank would have opened the acct via phone and would be done with it. But they probably will start a new offer next week as this offer is always around.
  The terms on the linked page say 7/20 - 8/30 now.

rated:
yeah, thanks bbb

rated:
Bonus posted yesterday.

10/18/2016 CHK PROMO Credit Uncategorized Posted $200.00

Used ACH, no DD.

Thanks again SinglePapa!

rated:
Opened 8/4, started real DD 9/1, 200 bonus posted 10/18 after 4 real DD

rated:
Got a $300 offer in the mail that also includes $200 for savings. Looks like it's targeted and you have to bring in the mailed brochure. Keep an eye open when you get the mail so that you don't throw this one away.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016