Costco Amex Service?

Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I know Costco moved to Citibank Visa, but I just went to login to my old Amex online account so I could look at old statements to verify that I didn't have any autopays still set for the old account number and discovered they removed all my account history.
I called the number on the back of the car to contact American Express and I can't reach anyone.  There is a recording that says "All circuits are busy."

How do you access old statement info and check the cash rewards?  Do the old cash rewards automatically transfer over to Citibank?

American Express never offered  a new AMEX card to replace the Costco card, but now I don't think I want another card from them anyway because of this poor service and since the main reason I had that old card was for Costco use and to get cash back on restaurants and travel purchases.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

There's a search function.  https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/search/results.php?query=costco...

AMEX has probably disabled the phone number, because why would they care anymore? You might have some luck if you call Amex using one of their many other numbers. You haven't experienced poor customer service. You've experienced what its like to get dumped.

at least in my case, I do notice that all Account history simply moved over to citi; and thereafter Citi decided to show only certain pieces of info.
The last time I paid Amex Costco card was Nov 2015 (after that, I did not have any activity on that card. This June when Citi sent me a new Citi Costco Anywhere Visa card, I created it's online account and could see it was showing recent payment date = Nov 2015.

web1b said:   American Express never offered  a new AMEX card to replace the Costco cardThey couldn't offer a "replacement" -- not allowed by the contract they had with Costco. But they did show ads for their other cards, and you were always able to apply. They would be new and completely separate, not a "replacement."

Everything that had to do with Costco was transferred. You should be able to get whatever you need from the new provider.

I've never had a co-branded card, and this is one of the reasons.

I looked at the Citibank site and it has no previous statement history from the Amex card transactions.

citi.com said: Older Statements:

You can request older statements for your Costco Anywhere Visa(R) Card by Citi, as well as for your previously converted Costco card, from as far back as XX/XX/2006. It may take 48 to 72 hours. Once your statements are available, download or print them within 7 days. You can also view your transactions for the last 6 months on the Account Details page.

You can request 6 statements at this time (6 daily).

Screenshot
Disclaimer
web1b said:   I looked at the Citibank site and it has no previous statement history from the Amex card transactions.
  I can access all my history back to 2004 - which is when I opened the account.

Can't blame Amex without knowing all the facts. A lot of the transition stuff might have been contractual. I can't imagine Amex voluntarily closing the Amex cards - they were good for drumming up business elsewhere but Costco might have forced them to close the accounts and transfer all the historical charge information to Citi. I seem to remember that there was a news item about Citi making a one time payment to Amex for account transitions.

Citibank's online account access has some history to it, even the Amex history. Not sure how far back it goes.

Amex sent out a ton of reminders to download all statements to me since I was paperless. I had to make a reminder on June 19 to do it

DeGlass said:   
citi.com said: Older Statements:

You can request older statements for your Costco Anywhere Visa(R) Card by Citi, as well as for your previously converted Costco card, from as far back as XX/XX/2006. It may take 48 to 72 hours. Once your statements are available, download or print them within 7 days. You can also view your transactions for the last 6 months on the Account Details page.

You can request 6 statements at this time (6 daily).

Amazing how helpless people are.  

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017