Alliant Credit Union 2 Offers ($350 or 0% APR, no transfer fee)

Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Got two offers in the e-mail/may be targeted.

#1: 35000 points for $350 equivalent.  Not as sweet as the 50,000 pts from last year. Use promo code VISA129A
with $3K Spend first 3 months.

#2: 0% Balance Transfer for 18 months, then variable rate after that with no balance transfer fee. Use promo code VISA129B

These limited-time offers expires August 31, 2016 and are open only to select Alliant members, so act fast!

Terms and Conditions here:

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TY, OP. Clicked your link.

One field on a subsequent page in the application process had VISA129B pre-filled.

Since I'm a member, I completed the online application in no time.

The bad news (sorta): The final page says that a "loan officer" will be in touch to review the application.

I think they have a loan officer review all CC apps.

Also be wary; in the past they have not awarded bonuses to people who weren't targeted, even if you did enter the promo code.

What about the balance transfer rate when not targeted?

gremln007 said:   I think they have a loan officer review all CC apps.
  Sounds right, now that you mention it. Did a mini-AOR w/ 4 CCs in December, and I recall Alliant taking their sweet time on my app (at least compared with Logix CU, Chase Slate and Barclaysbank).

Alliant is a GREAT institution in general; the only place it sucks is with approving ANY application.
Here are 3 of My Data Points:
1. Checking Account + Savings Account = Online app submitted but a few days later manually someone contacted me and completed the approval process
2. Credit Card: Submitted online app, but it asked me HOW MUCH CREDIT I WANT. So I put in a number and a few days later manually someone contacted me and completed the approval process and gave me the number I asked
3. Auto Loan: Submitted online app, a few days later manually someone contacted me and asked some documentation. By then I already got an Instant Approval from PenFed for 1.49% .... so I declined the guy from Alliant stating the facts...but the idiot kept the application on file for 30 days and on the 31st day sent me an email "we are withdrawing the loan application because you have not provided the requested additional documentation"....it was a joke

But all in all: ACU is SUPER GREAT!!!!

gergles said:   Also be wary; in the past they have not awarded bonuses to people who weren't targeted, even if you did enter the promo code.
  Which you'd think should be pretty obvious to anyone clever enough to get the T&C: "This offer is not transferable and may only be used by the person to whom it is addressed."  

bogalusa said:   
gremln007 said:   I think they have a loan officer review all CC apps.
  Sounds right, now that you mention it. Did a mini-AOR w/ 4 CCs in December, and I recall Alliant taking their sweet time on my app (at least compared with Logix CU, Chase Slate and Barclaysbank).

Just to triple that, when I applied for a credit card, as an existing member, I got a fast response, but it wasn't an auto message or something, it was apparently hand typed from the person's alliant email, as it contained an error that was later corrected upon my inquiry and a couple of back and forth emails with the person who sent it by my replying to the origonal email.  And the offers are, or at least were targeted.

thanks

thanks

bogalusa said:   The bad news (sorta): The final page says that a "loan officer" will be in touch to review the application.
 Not necessarily bad news. Last year I applied online on a Friday night. Asked for $25,000. The next morning (yes, Saturday), I got a personal email from a loan officer telling me my request had been approved and was there anything else he could do for me? That was the entire process.

I have an auto loan with Alliant as well as a savings account and VISA card. Unfortunately I probably won't use the VISA since it is just 1% cashback, but experience has been great.

Both my loan/CC applications got a phone call...and FICO is 800+.

doesn't allliant ask for w2 when applying for credit card

RagingBull said:   doesn't allliant ask for w2 when applying for credit card
Not for me and many others... YMMV  

Does Alliant let you transfer money into a checking account? Will they send out BT checks at all? If not how do I transfer funds into a checking account, any workarounds?

I was hoping to add card #2 (see OP) or swap it with my current 0% BT card and maybe get a decent CLI for more BTs.

Pipe dream.

Just spoke to my "loan officer." He says that to do anything more with Alliant, I need to have the existing card closed for 6 months before becoming eligible for another card.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017