At Home IPO

Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Available on ETrade and loyal3. 

Anyone have any insight or access to the info below.: 

http://seekingalpha.com/research/114885-don-dion/4903264-two-str...

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Loyal3 showed they were already fully allocated for the shares that Loyal3 had. (At least for me!)

slappycakes said:   Loyal3 showed they were already fully allocated for the shares that Loyal3 had. (At least for me!)
  
you got all you wanted? bad sign??

Thanks for the reminder.  I took a look, and it didn't look like anything special.  You might make a few bucks, or maybe not.  my money is betting on First Hawaiian (FHB).  

Sorry.

No, I meant to convey that I wasn't able to get any shares at all.  (So I didn't even investigate if I wanted them or not.)

Retail. Home decor. Two previous chapter 11 filings.

Tell me why this deserves any attention?

SummerSoFar said:   Retail. Home decor. Two previous chapter 11 filings.

Tell me why this deserves any attention?

  If you use Loyal3 you can get in on the IPO price and then benefit from the "pop" when it opens above the IPO price. Nothing stops you from selling the same day. The majority of IPOs offered by Loyal 3 have done quite well the first couple days of being listed. However, thus far At Home is selling at the IPO price.


HOME IPO day 1
Disclaimer
Medikit said:     If you use Loyal3 you can get in on the IPO price and then benefit from the "pop" when it opens above the IPO price. Nothing stops you from selling the same day. The majority of IPOs offered by Loyal 3 have done quite well the first couple days of being listed. However, thus far At Home is selling at the IPO price.
  Well their hokey "sell only twice a day, once in the mid morning, and once in the mid afternoon, whenever we feel like it" basically means you can't know what price you'll get and you can't sell until later in the first day.  If you look at HOME today, the best prices were right when it opened and you'd have broken even selling later.

xerty said:   
Medikit said:     If you use Loyal3 you can get in on the IPO price and then benefit from the "pop" when it opens above the IPO price. Nothing stops you from selling the same day. The majority of IPOs offered by Loyal 3 have done quite well the first couple days of being listed. However, thus far At Home is selling at the IPO price.
  Well their hokey "sell only twice a day, once in the mid morning, and once in the mid afternoon, whenever we feel like it" basically means you can't know what price you'll get and you can't sell until later in the first day.  If you look at HOME today, the best prices were right when it opened and you'd have broken even selling later.

  Yeah but on the other hand I would normally not have access to the IPO. I participated in this and I am a whole $6 richer (minus short term capital gains tax). Looking forward to filling out my 1099 form for this transaction.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017