• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
Heads up for those who have Prestige card or thinking of applying for one (get on moving).  A few changes will occur starting July 23, 2017:

1. No more AA Admirals Club access, but will still offer Priority Pass (good for international) and Citi Proprietary lounges (Haven't seen these ever, anyone know about them?)
2. TYP redemption going down - only 25% greater value over gift cards on airfare redemptions instead
3. No more complimentary international golf
4. 4th night for hotels is still there, but now it will be average of the your stay and WILL NOT reimburse 4th night taxes for the room.  Right now, its based on the rate of the 4th night (which could be more than average rate) and reimbursed you for room taxes on that 4th night.

Here's the original FW link with card benefits

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Got this email the other day and I'm not happy about it. The main reasons I got this are the AA Admirals Club and the 60% bonus on AA flight redemptions. The 4th night hotel perk is nice, but I don't have occasion to use it, and I keep forgetting about the golf perks. They didn't mention anything about the annual fee. If it's still going to be $450, then I'm out for sure.
Not sure what is going on at Citi. First they blow up the 5% Forward card, and now this. These were my primary cards that I used.

BTW - the Priority Pass locations are a nice perk, but really only for international travel.

Whacking them on your fourth night being New Years Eve at $1000 was never going to last. Losing the Admirals club really does surprise me though

TravelerMSY said:   Whacking them on your fourth night being New Years Eve at $1000 was never going to last. Losing the Admirals club really does surprise me though
As of January 2017, Citi will no longer be the exclusive credit card issuer partnered with American Airlines.  Barclaycard (US Airways' pre-merger partner) will also be issuing AA co-branded cards again.

This is all related.

Likely they need to make up for all that they conceded to Costco for the Costco partnership.

I've found more and more priority pass locations I can get to without actually needing to fly international - eg. Air France @ SFO, "The Lounge" in BOS, etc. While I'll miss the admirals club, I think I'll still get most of my value out of the card to keep it. With the airfare credit you only need to use the 4th night free once per year to completely cover the annual fee...

the AA club access was nice, and was also of high value to me, but I won't make any decisions based purely on anger here when there's a pretty good ROI to be had without it potentially

Hmm, did you read OP - they dilute 4th night free to the average?

If Priority Pass is all it takes for you - you can buy it cheaper elsewhere...

Fourth night free is a decent deal even without gaming the last night at a high price. Assuming you normally pay direct booking, postpaid rates. If you do prepaid or opaque (Priceline NYOP) rates, the fourth night free isn't gonna help you that much.

The original terms are good for a while, so it's really not a big deal. There will always be some kind of premium lounge card with a bonus available when this one runs out.

On some further research, I found where Citi Proprietary Lounges are (not even comparable to AMEX's lounges, and quite useless unless you are in 4 airports, which I assume has access to Priority Pass lounges).  There are four airports with Citi Proprietary Lounges where Prestige cardmembers receive complimentary access.

• Mexico City
  • Guadalajara
  • Monterrey
  • Jakarta

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
    Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016