how to claim travelzoo stocks

Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Help,  i registered Travelzoo shares in 7/1998.  still have serial numbers for those free shares.  but did not know anything about re-register into common stocks, or received any e-mail or mail for stock split, claim for cash, etc.
does anyone know what can i do?  thank you

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Contact Travelzoo investor relations and/or their transfer agent, Let us know how it goes.

http://ir.travelzoo.com

TZOO didn't IPO until 2003. 
Edit: Are you saying that you are a very early investor, OP?

SummerSoFar said:   TZOO didn't IPO until 2003. 
Edit: Are you saying that you are a very early investor, OP?

They were giving away a few shares for registering with email and a few more for referring friends back in the days before the IPO. 

Ha. They probably diluted those into oblivion.

Start HERE.

I couldn't figure out how to login to claim them either from Travelzoo....eventually, they went to unclaimed property division of the state I lived in at time (Florida). Search and see if it is listed on one of the missing money websites and fill out the claim form. If I remember correctly, it was worth about $170 for the 5 shares (I think it was just 5) when I got check from Florida.....at one point, the value was much higher than this, but this was value when they sent it in. 

TravelerMSY said:   Ha. They probably diluted those into oblivion.
Nope. http://www.freeby50.com/2011/05/sign-up-for-email-wait-13-years-...

I'm sure that I signed up for these shares (even though I was in my early teens in 1998). But I sent investor relations a copy of my drivers' license and they couldn't find me. Annoying.

Mine ended up with California lost property. Sent my info to state controllers office and got a check a few weeks later. Think I received $300

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017