TIAA to Acquire Everbank

Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

hmmm why?

Because TIAA has a yachtload of money, is trying to expand their fledgling banking business, and EverBank offers them a good platform they think they can profit from.

Huh...interesting.

I have both TIAA & EverBank accts. At one time they each had good % rates. I have kept both accts open with small balances waiting for some good news.
So, I'm wondering which one will win out and take the name. I haven't received any info from either one, concerning this mixture.

pattyB said:   I have both TIAA & EverBank accts. At one time they each had good % rates. I have kept both accts open with small balances waiting for some good news.
So, I'm wondering which one will win out and take the name. I haven't received any info from either one, concerning this mixture.

If I was going to place a bet, I think the TIAA name will remain, since TIAA is larger and is the one buying the other.

Of course, I could be wrong. When NationsBank acquired B of A, the Bank of America name won out.

burgerwars said:   pattyB said:   I have both TIAA & EverBank accts. At one time they each had good % rates. I have kept both accts open with small balances waiting for some good news.

If I was going to place a bet, I think the TIAA name will remain, since TIAA is larger and is the one buying the other.

Of course, I could be wrong. When NationsBank acquired B of A, the Bank of America name won out.

Of course the TIAA name will remain. Banking is just a tiny fraction of financial giant TIAA, which just completed a rebranding from TIAA-CREF this past spring.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017