RadPad : Pay rent w/ Credit Card free until 12/31/16 : Android

Archived From: Finance
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Free until the end of the year if you use their Android app.  They waive the 3.49% fee
Not bad for a few months.

https://blog.onradpad.com/androidpayradpad/ 

Should this be in Hot Deals too?

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
that was quick.

mysteryAgain (Oct. 14, 2016 @ 10:04a) |

called it

rufflesinc (Oct. 14, 2016 @ 11:29a) |

Bummer.  Had planned to get the minimum spend for my wife's CSR done with them this month.  Ah, well.

cestmoi123 (Oct. 14, 2016 @ 12:10p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Anybody have any luck making mortgage payments with these guys?

whoa....prepare for RCA: rampant churn abuse.

CC payment seem unlimited, but i havent tried to make a payment yet.

Whoa, nice. Time for an App-o-Rama.

Put in a payment for my rent, says the team is working hard to verify all of your payment details.  We'll email you an update in the next 24 hours as we finish this process. 

Note that the no fee option only works if you use Android Pay.  Not just via the Android app, but actually use Android Pay.  You have to set up Android Pay (if you haven't already) before you run the payment through the Radpad app.

Does this apply to mortgage payment as well?

so can I just send the check to myself so that I can drop the check in the rent box?

averwind said:   so can I just send the check to myself so that I can drop the check in the rent box?
  they may not allow that- give it a try -- as they are new - maybe no safegaurds

There's a checkbox for "I live in the same building as my landlord".

I signed up and downloaded the app, but haven't actually attempted to make a payment or enter a CC yet. Just got an email that includes, "While we do our absolute best to verify your payment details without any help from you, we may reach out and request a copy of your lease agreement along with a photo ID. If you're paying to an individual vs. a known rental company, there is a greater chance we'll request these additional documents from you."

BingBlangBlaow said:   I signed up and downloaded the app, but haven't actually attempted to make a payment or enter a CC yet. Just got an email that includes, "While we do our absolute best to verify your payment details without any help from you, we may reach out and request a copy of your lease agreement along with a photo ID. If you're paying to an individual vs. a known rental company, there is a greater chance we'll request these additional documents from you."
  this is so not going to scale well

rufflesinc said:   
BingBlangBlaow said:   I signed up and downloaded the app, but haven't actually attempted to make a payment or enter a CC yet. Just got an email that includes, "While we do our absolute best to verify your payment details without any help from you, we may reach out and request a copy of your lease agreement along with a photo ID. If you're paying to an individual vs. a known rental company, there is a greater chance we'll request these additional documents from you."

you only need one $20k+ rent payment and a cash back card with $20k+ limit...solid return every month. 

solarUS said:   
rufflesinc said:   

you only need one $20k+ rent payment and a cash back card with $20k+ limit...solid return every month. 

I'm sure that won't be scrutinized. At all.

jaytrader said:   
solarUS said:   
rufflesinc said:   

I'm sure that won't be scrutinized. At all.

naturally, one shouldn't do that unless they have a valid lease showing the rent.......... 

Anyone know what's the cheapest/oldest Android device I can pick up that is Android Pay compatible?

Wish this could be scaled to pay student loans. Haha.

BingBlangBlaow said:   There's a checkbox for "I live in the same building as my landlord".
  And what's your point?

cows123 said:   
BingBlangBlaow said:   There's a checkbox for "I live in the same building as my landlord".
  And what's your point?

It was in regards to the two posts above it. Sorry for not quoting?

Edit: Sorry for answering the question, Solar.

Chase and Capital One are not on the list of Android Pay participating banks .

Congratulations! We've verified your rent payment details so you can now make your rent payments with RadPad.

I didn't have to provide any lease agreements or photo id. Just created account, filled in all the details and selected android pay from the app.

FYI - I have used capitalone card for android pay. Capitalone is not directly supported but it is indirect support in android pay. 1.5% cash back.

Where in the radpad app do you see the option to use android pay? I stopped at the screen where it asks you for the credit card details - I have android pay installed, but dont see a place in the radpad app to use it.

I had it in the last screen where it asks for credit card details. Instead of entering details, I clicked on android pay.

Its compatible with Barclays so I'm happy to get 2.1% back on my rent!

rufflesinc said:   

Why not? My friend is going to charge me $20,000/mo rent. I can write the rental agreement right now.

Anything wrong with this plan?

loheiman said:   Its compatible with Barclays so I'm happy to get 2.1% back on my rent!
  which card?

samko said:   
rufflesinc said:   

Why not? My friend is going to charge me $20,000/mo rent. I can write the rental agreement right now.

Good luck finding a friend willing to claim that income.

cestmoi123 said:   Anybody have any luck making mortgage payments with these guys?
  Want to know the same.

Buckmann said:   Chase and Capital One are not on the list of Android Pay participating banks .
  i use my capital one credit card on android pay

Can I pay my mortgage with this?

[Edit: Answering my own question: No.]

• Can I pay my Mortgage, Utilities, Cable, Nanny, etc. with RadPad?Unfortunately no you can’t. We’re only set up to process and pay verified rent payments. Please don’t set up a non-rent payment because it won’t be approved."

Does Android Pay require Google Wallet? My GW is hosed.

tjguitar85 said:   
samko said:   
rufflesinc said:   

Good luck finding a friend willing to claim that income.

the friend can be your LLC. you rent it to yourself

Uh - you are going to declare that income on your LLC's return? In the faq - they say that they will send the landlord a 1099..

djscal said:   Uh - you are going to declare that income on your LLC's return? In the faq - they say that they will send the landlord a 1099..

No, they say the opposite. What?

bppcomplete said:   
djscal said:   Uh - you are going to declare that income on your LLC's return? In the faq - they say that they will send the landlord a 1099..

No, they say the opposite. What?

lol
Will RadPad send my landlord an IRS form 1099 if I pay my rent through RadPad?No. We will not send your landlord a 1099.

can anyone recommend a cheap android phone that supports android pay?

Got approval (about 10 hours after I put in the request), we'll see if the check gets sent and processed properly!

Isn't anyone concerned that it won't be charged as a cash advance? Strange that hasn't been mentioned.

Skipping 51 Messages...
matrix5k said:   Aaaand it's gone.

"Effective October 13, 2016, RadPad is no longer processing rent payments, we apologize for any inconvenience."

Bummer.  Had planned to get the minimum spend for my wife's CSR done with them this month.  Ah, well. 

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017