• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I was reading another site when I bumped across a side comment of great interest to me.  It turns out that I can pay my Citi Dividend card and also my Capital One card with a bank debit card instead of the checking account they have on file.  That is interesting to me as I signed up a new to me bank checking account for the sign up bonus. This gives me a couple of debit card uses to help meet the minimum debit card uses without it being a small amount.  That makes the account more "real" if they actually look at it.
Now I am getting curious.  Do you guys or gals know of any other credit cards that can be paid by debit card instead of the checking account on file?

I can envision this being done with Serve or a VGC perhaps ... but that is a separate matter to my quest since I have a need for real manufacture spending on a real debit card.
Please share your knowledge or experience.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

The Citi deal has thread (not here) with about 2.5 years of "knowledge and experience".

I learned about CapOne recently, but haven't tried.

IMO if you can only do this by calling in, it's too time consuming for meeting debit requirements and probably too risky and not scalable for MS (but I haven't looked at the thread myself in a while, so I could be wrong). The not-calling option might be good if you can get it for debit card requirements, but I suspect there will be a monthly transaction limit, so it won't be that scalable either.

CapOne was a first by debit card. That required a phone call. The next morning, the online account had a box for that specific debit card next to the checking account. Now I can do anything with that debit card that I can do with the registered checking account on line. How often? I do not think I would do more than one a week or ten day intervals.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016