• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Veridian Credit Union has several Special CD offerings.  Very easy membership, join Dwolla.

CD Specials: 15 Mo 1.50%,  39 Mo 1.60%. Jumbo CD's 25 Mo 1.65%, 39 Mo 1.70%.

Regular CD's require $1000 min., Jumbo CD's require $100K . 

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Doesn't seem to be anything better that what is already available.

It's not that great. But, I have a large CD that matures first week of Sept. The 15 month CD is a possibility.
I will be watching to see if Sept brings any increase in interest rate.

Folks, I said that it was easy membership. WRONG!
I filled out the application and made the electric transfer of $5.00. They gave me my acct # right away. I thought I was ready to go.
Today I tried to get into the online account & was denied. So I called & after some time was told I must first send a notarized copy of my DL. Bummer!
I may just forget this one.

I made 300k on a mil liquid last year. Patty needs a financial advisor (or at the very least a financial psychiatrist) since she gets so excited about $20 per month and 1.5% per year.

Pat, I actually do really well on my liquid funds. Maybe not $300K on the mil, but I sure hate the interest accrued at the end of the year. (Income Tax)

pat0 said:   I made 300k on a mil liquid last year. Patty needs a financial advisor (or at the very least a financial psychiatrist) since she gets so excited about $20 per month and 1.5% per year.
PattyB is a senior member here, a knowledgeable poster, and she needs no financial "advisor" (sic).     I speak from personal experience that her present thread, this one, is a good and potentially valuable thread . . . . . with the sole exception of your post.

pattyB said:   Folks, I said that it was easy membership. WRONG!
I filled out the application and made the electric transfer of $5.00. They gave me my acct # right away. I thought I was ready to go.
Today I tried to get into the online account & was denied. So I called & after some time was told I must first send a notarized copy of my DL. Bummer!
I may just forget this one.

I respectfully disagree, PattyB.  Their request for the notarized copy of D/L is routine for this CU.  They dot their i's and cross their t's, but they are good people with whom to work.  My suggestion would be for you to go forward with your application process.  You are on a smart track.  BTW, do not be surprised if they additionally request a second form of ID.  But it is all good.

The region of the country where Veridian operates is one of few with generally higher interest rates.  I would join other credit unions there were a way in available.  I place Veridian's local Iowa realm second only to the Washington, D.C. region, where I have a number of memberships and zero regrets.  We rate chasers must join wherever it is that rates trend higher.

Thnx, shinobi. Guess I will go ahead and send the notarized copy of D/L. It won't hurt to have Veridian CU available if we don't see a % rate increase in September.

2017, is going to be a big deal (for me), because I have so many CD's that mature. Most of those CD's had a percentage rate over 2%+.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017