How to liquidate the Dinner everywhere VISA cards?

Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I bought more than $2000 Dinner everywhere VISA card from Office Depot this week.
But these VISA card can not buy Money Order at my local post office and WalMart stores.
How to liquidate the Dinner everywhere VISA cards?

Thank you very much!

Member Summary

Dinner Everywhere
Thanks JW10
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

buy us dinner at the local steakhouse

What is special about these Visa cards that makes them hard to liquidate?

otaymiester said:   What is special about these Visa cards that makes them hard to liquidate?
I am guessing they do not have a pin no

You can't. You basically bought Amex GC's. LOL

Call them and tell them you didn't know what you were buying and want a refund. It will work.

I'll give you $1920 for them.

debbie claimed she was able to buy MO @WalMart w/o PIn:
http://www.travelingwellforless.com/2016/07/31/review-dining-eve...

I wasn't able to buy MO at WM WITH pin.

fleetwoodmac said:   
otaymiester said:   What is special about these Visa cards that makes them hard to liquidate?
I am guessing they do not have a pin no

That would make them hard to liquidate on cash equivalents.  You should be able to spend them on merchandise and services at most any retailer, though.

Definitely not ideal, but it's not like all you can do is stare at them with regret.

Worst case, you could always go to the grocery store and buy gift cards for places you shop.  Or prepay your next several Amazon purchases.

<deleted>

otaymiester said:     
That would make them hard to liquidate on cash equivalents.  You should be able to spend them on merchandise and services at most any retailer, though.

No, Dining Everywhere card will only work if the credit card machine is coded as a restaurant or a dining establishment. It will show up declined anywhere else.

Buy takeout at participating locations and resell to interested consumers, perhaps right outside the entrance?

Please do your research next time before stocking up on something and not knowing HOW to liquidate them. With that being said, the original pin in the last 4 digits of the card and I WAS able to buy MOs at my local Kroger store just yesterday. It ran as credit and the PIN was the last for of the card number.

prostoalex said:   
otaymiester said:     

No, Dining Everywhere card will only work if the credit card machine is coded as a restaurant or a dining establishment. It will show up declined anywhere else.

What is your source?

Here is mine:  https://www.diningeverywheregift.com/ , which says that the card can be used "...everywhere Visa debit is accepted, even online."

There are also multiple contrary firsthand experiences in this thread.

prostoalex said:   Buy takeout at participating locations and resell to interested consumers, perhaps right outside the entrance?
some chain restaurants have promotions on buying their gift cards. like buy $100 for $90 or buy $100 get $110.

If you have a Citi or Capital One card, pay your bill with them. MS a balance first if you need to.

Capital One ... I had to do the first debit card by telephone agent who passed me to an automated IVR. I did a valid long term debit card ... not a VGC.
Wait a day.
After that, you can add a debit card. Not sure how many you can do or if you can kill a dead card from the menu. I would only do one day at a time.
Do NOT try to batch it. You may be best to limit to one or two per month so as not to get locked.
YMMV

==================
Back to the original question
http://milestomemories.boardingarea.com/ms-exit-strategy/

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017