• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
I found this check from citibank for $95. This was a refund for closing a credit card that had an annual fee.

Do you think they will cash it? It says void after 90 days

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I would try to contact their corporate treasury department and tell them that you need to have a stale check reissued.  I don't think I would try to put it through my account and run the risk that you get a returned check fee. 

Its probably sitting in state unclaimed property funds. Or will be soon. Go search those. (I have a citi annual fee sitting there...)
If you don't find it there, I would think citi might still show it in your online account.
They re-sent me the check 2 or 3 times at least and the account never went away from my online login until they stopped re-sending the account and it showed up on state unclaimed property.  (That was sort of my purpose, they kept "updating" the CRs every month until they finally removed it, so it seems like the CRAs will have the account for 2 more years until the 10yr removal, because it was one of my oldest accounts.)

Should be 5 years before their escheat department tries to find you.

Don't deposit it, it will bounce. Call for a reissued check.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
    Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016