$300 PNC bonus returns:

Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
As for DD for Federal employees, the money can be directed to any account as far as I know.† As long as you provide a va... (more)

fedguy (Sep. 13, 2016 @ 4:27p) |

I believe online account opening involves checking on your credit or CHEX system report.† If your credit/CHEX †report do... (more)

fedguy (Sep. 13, 2016 @ 4:44p) |

What a bunch of crap...

"We're sorry. Your application can not be completed online.Security is a priority at PNC, and our... (more)

johnnybs (Sep. 13, 2016 @ 5:03p) |

Offer only available to residents of: AL, DC, DE, FL, GA, IL, IN, KY, MD, MI, MO, NC, NJ, NY, OH, PA, SC, VA, WI and WV.
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

It requires a direct deposit of $5,000 to get the full $300 bonus, but if you canít manage then their are lower tiers available with smaller bonuses. One of the nice things about this bonus is that you can fund up to $2,000 initially with a credit card.

marcopolomle said:   It requires a direct deposit of $5,000 to get the full $300 bonus, but if you canít manage then their are lower tiers available with smaller bonuses. One of the nice things about this bonus is that you can fund up to $2,000 initially with a credit card.
† any idea which credit cards work for this? the 2% back ones would be a good deal. so do citi/fidelity code it as purchase?

prastogi2012 said:   
marcopolomle said:   It requires a direct deposit of $5,000 to get the full $300 bonus, but if you canít manage then their are lower tiers available with smaller bonuses. One of the nice things about this bonus is that you can fund up to $2,000 initially with a credit card.
† any idea which credit cards work for this? the 2% back ones would be a good deal. so do citi/fidelity code it as purchase?

† Chase Sapphire certainly works. No idea about Citi Cards.

prastogi2012 said:   † any idea which credit cards work for this? the 2% back ones would be a good deal. so do citi/fidelity code it as purchase?
† Citi has been notorious about coding these as CA (sometimes even after the fact). Unless anything has changed recently, stay the hell away from Citi for these transactions.

trying to get cash advance to $0 on those.

n/m

samko said:   Any other bank accounts that can be funded with CC w/o it coding as a cash advance? TIA
†Too many to list here.

devyanks90 said:   
samko said:   Any other bank accounts that can be funded with CC w/o it coding as a cash advance? TIA
†Too many to list here.

† I googled it. Sorry, should've done that first.

prastogi2012 said:   

††
http://www.doctorofcredit.com/does-funding-a-bank-account-with-a...

That dd requirement, can it be satisfied by an ACH transfer from someplace like alliant?

Yes, The DD does seem to work with Incoming transaction from Banks like Alliant and also services like Paypal, Amex Serve etc

From what I read on Doctor of Credit comments, if you fund with a credit card, that portion of the funding does not count toward meeting the $5K direct deposit requirement. Or am I missing something?

Flashforward said:   Yes, The DD does seem to work with Incoming transaction from Banks like Alliant and also services like Paypal, Amex Serve etc
† ACH push from Discover does not count as DD.

Is the DD of $5,000 combined over the 60 day timeframe, or does it have to be one DD for $5,000?

Details to get the max ($300) instead of $200 bonus (for†opening new Virtual Wallet Performance Spend, $2k DD, etc.):
* You may earn a $300 reward if you open a new Virtual Wallet with Performance Select or a Performance Select Checking account. To qualify for the reward, the new checking account must be opened online via the "Apply Now" links on the web page OR at a branch using the appropriate coupon between 07/01/2016 and 09/30/2016 and the following conditions must be met within the first 60 days: (a) qualifying Direct Deposit(s).. total qualifying direct deposit(s) of $5,000 to the new account must be received and (b) at least 10 PNC Bank Visa Debit card purchases must be made. Your checking account must remain open in order for you to receive the reward, which will be credited to the eligible account within 60-90 days after all conditions have been met and will be identified as "Cash Trans Promo Reward" on your monthly statement.

A qualifying Direct Deposit is defined as a recurring Direct Deposit of a paycheck, pension, Social Security or other regular monthly income electronically deposited by an employer or an outside agency into the Spend Account of a Virtual Wallet with Performance Select or Performance Select Checking account. The total amount of all qualifying Direct Deposits credited to your checking account must be at least $5,000 for Virtual Wallet with Performance Select or Performance Select Checking account. Credit card cash advance transfers, transfers from one account to another or deposits made at a branch or ATM do not qualify as Qualifying Direct Deposits. A qualifying debit card purchase is defined as any debit card purchase made at point of sale using your signature or PIN, or a purchase made electronically or online using your debit card number, including recurring payments.

New account will not be eligible for offer if any signer has signing authority on an existing PNC Bank consumer checking account or has closed an account within the past 90 days, or has been paid a promotional premium in the past 12 months. If multiple accounts are opened with the same signers, only one account will be eligible for the premium. For this offer, signing authority will be defined by the customer name(s) and social security number(s) registered on the account. Offer only available to residents of: AL, DC, DE, FL, GA, IL, IN, KY, MD, MI, MO, NC, NJ, NY, OH, PA, SC, VA, WI and WV. Offer may be extended, modified or discontinued at any time and may vary by market. The value of the reward may be reported on Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Form 1099, and may be considered taxable income to you. Please consult your tax advisor regarding your specific situation.

** See the Account Agreement for Virtual Wallet Fine Print "What You Need to Know" - Interest Payment and Balance Computation section for details. To qualify for the relationship rate, you must either (a) have 5 or more PIN and/or signature point-of-sale transactions (excluding cash advances) during the previous calendar month on your linked Performance Checking, Performance Select Checking account or Spend account using your Visa Debit Card or your linked Visa credit card, or (b) have qualifying direct deposits. Starting with the calendar month following when you open your account and monthly thereafter, whether the account earns the standard or the relationship rate for the entire calendar month will be determined on the first of the month based upon the number of qualifying transactions for the previous calendar month.

No $25 Monthly Service Charge for Performance Select Checking if you meet any one of the following:
 $5,000 combined average monthly balance in this and up to 8 additional linked PNC consumer checking accounts1
 $25,000 combined average monthly balance across linked PNC consumer deposit and/or investment accounts1
 $5,000 in qualifying3 monthly direct deposits to this account Monthly service charge waived on up to 8 additional linked consumer checking, savings or money market accounts

For some reason I can't open the account online.

Offer only available to residents of: AL, DC, DE, FL, GA, IL, IN, KY, MD, MI, MO, NC, NJ, NY, OH, PA, SC, VA, WI and WV. Offer may be extended, modified or discontinued at any time and may vary by market.

Do you reside in any of these states? PNC offer is only for residents of these states and the offer can be discontinued at any time. You can also print the coupon from the website and open the account in a branch office.

Is there any way to weasel into PNC outside of those states? Like set up a PO Box or whatever?

My mom has no DD now. Can I direct deposit my pay check into her account?

fedguy said:   Offer only available to residents of: AL, DC, DE, FL, GA, IL, IN, KY, MD, MI, MO, NC, NJ, NY, OH, PA, SC, VA, WI and WV. Offer may be extended, modified or discontinued at any time and may vary by market.

Do you reside in any of these states? PNC offer is only for residents of these states and the offer can be discontinued at any time. You can also print the coupon from the website and open the account in a branch office.

††I live in DC, but I'm a new resident there and just got a DC license a few days ago. That could be why.

Opening the account in branch isn't ideal - I was hoping to meet some of my $8k spending requirement for 2 new CSRs.

mattun said:   Is there any way to weasel into PNC outside of those states? Like set up a PO Box or whatever?
††Because of the Patriot Act, banks must verify the identity of the account owners.† Most people provide their driver's license or state ID card (or sometimes even a passport).† Unless your ID card has a PO Box as your street address, I think the bank personnel will go by what is listed on the card.† I have a Government ID card, but it will not qualify because there is no address information displayed on the card.

jolapo said:   My mom has no DD now. Can I direct deposit my pay check into her account?
††As for DD for Federal employees, the money can be directed to any account as far as I know.† As long as you provide a valid account number and routing transit number, your paycheck amount will go to that account in that bank (even if your name is not on it).† Someone in my agency initially directed her paycheck to her boyfriend's account and then needed help to stop sending it to that account because it was recently closed.

Ask your employer payroll department about sending the payment to accounts not in your name.

vnuts21 said:   
fedguy said:   Offer only available to residents of: AL, DC, DE, FL, GA, IL, IN, KY, MD, MI, MO, NC, NJ, NY, OH, PA, SC, VA, WI and WV. Offer may be extended, modified or discontinued at any time and may vary by market.

††I live in DC, but I'm a new resident there and just got a DC license a few days ago. That could be why.

Opening the account in branch isn't ideal - I was hoping to meet some of my $8k spending requirement for 2 new CSRs.

††I believe online account opening involves checking on your credit or CHEX system report.† If your credit/CHEX †report does not list a DC address, the application might get rejected if you enter a DC address because it will not match your records. Then you would have to request some kind of update to the credit bureaus/CHEX system.† Going to a branch office may be difficult, especially with downtown parking issues, but with a DC license, at least the account identity verification process will be easier.

What a bunch of crap...

"We're sorry. Your application can not be completed online.Security is a priority at PNC, and our online application process includes measures that are designed to protect you and prevent the spread of identity theft. Sometimes we need more information than that which can be provided online, therefore we cannot continue processing your online application at this time.However, you may still be able to open an account with PNC.While we can't open an account for you online, you may still be eligible to open your account through another method. We hope that you'll stop by your local branch to have a PNC representative assist you.We apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you for your interest in PNC Bank products."

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017