C-corp change owners

Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Three partners formed a c-corp and we would like to reduce number of partners and I would like to be sole owner for this c-corp.  Other partners are on board with this.  

-Can you please advice how to proceed with this
- Do we need to notify respective state and IRS, if so is there a form that we need to fill in

TIA

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

xad said:   Three partners formed a c-corp and we would like to reduce number of partners and I would like to be sole owner for this c-corp.  Other partners are on board with this.  

- Do we need to notify respective state and IRS, if so is there a form that we need to fill in

TIA

If you want to be the sole owner, you just need to buy all the outstanding shares of stock.

Glitch99 said:   
xad said:   Three partners formed a c-corp and we would like to reduce number of partners and I would like to be sole owner for this c-corp.  Other partners are on board with this.  

TIA

If you want to be the sole owner, you just need to buy all the outstanding shares of stock.

Any forms to fill from State or Fed perspective or just mutual understanding between partners?

xad said:   
Glitch99 said:   

TIA

Any forms to fill from State or Fed perspective or just mutual understanding between partners?

There's no "mutual understanding", you need to actually buy their shares.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017