Pay rent with credit card

Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I got the Chase Sapphire Reserve card and planned on using Radpad to pay rent for free in order to meet the 4k spend. Well that died as fast as the NRL 7% CD.

I read about Plastiq which charges 2.5% fee. Does anyone recommend this or any alternatives?

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Why not use one of those balance transfer type of checks?

sfchris said:   Why not use one of those balance transfer type of checks?
Op is not interested so much in paying rent with CC as he is in meeting the minimum spend. I dont know specifically about the Chase Sapphire Reserve card but usually BT (either with check or online or over phone) does not count towards purchase requirement.

matrix5k said:   I got the Chase Sapphire Reserve card and planned on using Radpad to pay rent for free in order to meet the 4k spend. Well that died as fast as the NRL 7% CD.

I read about Plastiq which charges 2.5% fee. Does anyone recommend this or any alternatives?

Can you open a PNC bank account?

fwuser12 said:   matrix5k said:   I got the Chase Sapphire Reserve card and planned on using Radpad to pay rent for free in order to meet the 4k spend. Well that died as fast as the NRL 7% CD.

Can you open a PNC bank account?

Unfortunately no, I don't reside in one of those states. I guess I could look for bank account sign up bonuses that let you fund with CC.

matrix5k said:   Unfortunately no, I don't reside in one of those states. I guess I could look for bank account sign up bonuses that let you fund with CC.

If I am not mistaken, you need to be in one of the states to qualify for the bonus. Not necessarily to simply open an account (and fund with CC).

you can open an account at cnsumers credit union  can fund up to 1k with credit card.  after first account is opened (savings) you can open sub accounts like checking etc  but you must open each account one at a time as the limit is 1k per account opening session

Radpad codes as travel for Citi - if it does for Chase, then you'd get 3 points/$, which is worth more than the 3% fee.

Radpad only accepts rent checks right? Not mortgage payments?

Can you pay rent with debit for less than credit? Get some $500 VGCs. Debit fee is $3.95 per transaction on my rent, so I collect $496.05 on each card, which is more than 99% of the face value and more than 98% of the face value plus activation fee.

Even with the promo being cancelled, I'm still planning on using Radpad with Android Pay to make up about half my 4k spend. I believe its still worth it even with a 3% fee.

Plastiq had a pay rent offer at 1.75% fee if you contracted for a minimum of six months. See DoC site for his thoughts.

http://www.doctorofcredit.com/plastiq-pay-mortgage-rent-masterca... 

DoC also has a list of bank offers he likes. Many accept CC as startup deposits. His list has that info.

http://www.doctorofcredit.com/best-bank-account-bonuses/ 

==========
That said, I would recommend mixing up your MinSp activity.  I am partial to paying a couple of months utilities in advance.

wraithtech said:   Even with the promo being cancelled, I'm still planning on using Radpad with Android Pay to make up about half my 4k spend. I believe its still worth it even with a 3% fee.
  Presuming it's coding as travel, then it's zero cost in the worst case (3 points, at 1c/point). 

cestmoi123 said:   Radpad codes as travel for Citi - if it does for Chase, then you'd get 3 points/$, which is worth more than the 3% fee.
  Posted in the other thread:   I paid rent early to fill my $4K spend on CSR, but RadPad did not code as travel. Only as "Online, Mail, or Telephone transaction". Took a small loss, but closer to fulfilling my spend requirement. 

I also heard about Radpad promotion using an Android for paying a rental fee. However, I think, the promo has ended already and they also added an interest of 2.5 %. Anyway, the advantage of using a credit card  is you don't pay the rent by a spot cash.

without hijacking in too different a direction, the usual suspects to meet spending include seeing which utilities accept CC and pay them (in fact pay ahead), and buy gift cards to places you shop anyway, all of those cost nothing and you'll earn the points on them.

cestmoi123 said:   Radpad codes as travel for Citi - if it does for Chase, then you'd get 3 points/$, which is worth more than the 3% fee.
  Thanks. I paid with Radpad using AndroidPay and it was coded as travel!

Pre-Order 2 teslas. Thats 2k right there. Then cancel your order once your bonus posts. They won't claw back the bonus (might deduct 2k points though).

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017