• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
Got a 12 month 0% BT offer from Chase in the mail. It comes with a 2% BT fee. I have 0 non-real estate debt so this is not a matter of reducing the rate on any outstanding debt.... I would be depositing the BT check in an account. Is it worth calling up Chase CS and asking for a 1% (or less) BT fee? Any FW experience with this?

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

they will probably just direct you to their chase slate product ...

You have little to no chance.

you can ask, but unless the offer you want is available on their screen you won't be able to negotiate different terms.  You never know, but don't hold your breath.

I called in to bofa for this exact purpose a few years ago right after all the banks removed the fee cap. The cs rep said they weren't authorized to change the terms at all: take it or leave it.

I've gotten BOA to extend the length of the 0% APR by a couple of months just by asking

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
    Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016