• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
I must admit that HSBC bill pay system is slow.  I sent 2 bill pays on 11/28 and they still do not show up "as paid".  O... (more)

pattyB (Dec. 01, 2016 @ 9:59a) |

They are a bit slow pattyB, but not as slow as TIAA (or even Discover when sending to certain payees).
I've found HSBC is... (more)

FrozenBiker (Dec. 01, 2016 @ 10:37a) |

I've made billpays from HSBC to 2 different Chase CCs at the same time and Chase received payments 2 days apart.

samko (Dec. 01, 2016 @ 4:55p) |

For choice checking, there is a $25 fee if the account is closed within 180 days of opening.
http://www.banking.us.hsbc.com/personal/deposits/choicechk_tcs.p...
But closing ASAP could allow for quicker repeat.

Begin a new HSBC Choice Checking1, Advance2 or Premier3 relationship by opening a corresponding HSBC checking account from September 6, 2016 through November 18, 2016.

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
No DD required but must do two bill pays a month for three months and maintain $1,500 balance to avoid $15 monthly fee. $350 bonus will be paid about two months after the last qualifying activity. That means the payout will be about five months after the acct is opened during which $1,500 bal has to be maintained.

There is a $3k DD option over 3 months as well.

rated:
This one is a crapshoot. I was denied with no reason given. In the last two years I've only opened one checking and one savings account 11mo ago and my reports should be clean. I'm pursuing further, but it could take time and may result in a no-answer ("we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone"). I did have an account at HSBC for a few years, but closed it more than 5 years ago.

rated:
scripta said:   This one is a crapshoot. I was denied with no reason given. In the last two years I've only opened one checking and one savings account 11mo ago and my reports should be clean. I'm pursuing further, but it could take time and may result in a no-answer ("we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone"). I did have an account at HSBC for a few years, but closed it more than 5 years ago.
  crapshoot is a strong term

why not screen shot conditions, fulfill them, and then pound the table. After Wells Fargo, who'll want problems on their neck

rated:
SinglePapa said:   
scripta said:   This one is a crapshoot. I was denied with no reason given. In the last two years I've only opened one checking and one savings account 11mo ago and my reports should be clean. I'm pursuing further, but it could take time and may result in a no-answer ("we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone"). I did have an account at HSBC for a few years, but closed it more than 5 years ago.
  crapshoot is a strong term

why not screen shot conditions, fulfill them, and then pound the table. After Wells Fargo, who'll want problems on their neck

I think scripta's appl. was denied; question of bonus doesn't arise.

rated:
That was the most intense account application I've completed in quite some time!  I hope they approve my account...

rated:
Got this instant message at end of application: "Your application for a new HSBC Bank USA, N.A. "Choice Checking" account has been declined." I had an HSBC account 10yrs ago before closing in good standing. Haven't opened any checking account anywhere in 2 years. I'm sure credit score doesn't mater here as mine is >800

rated:
For choice checking, there is a $25 fee if account is closed within 180 days of opening.

http://www.banking.us.hsbc.com/personal/deposits/choicechk_tcs.p...

rated:
Not that I like to go into bank very often...but they dont have any branches in 47 states.

Its just in NY, CA and apparently in FL  

rated:
DoC has a write-up on this. Apparently, there are many denials. Worth a shot...

rated:
It took nearly a week, but my app was approved today.
Give it a shot guys.

rated:
too much information request.

rated:
xsnake said:   too much information request.

What kind of information is requested that is above and beyond typical banks?

rated:
Does funding with CC work for this account?

rated:
marcopolomle said:   Does funding with CC work for this account?
  No.  Even more interesting is that they already knew two of my bank accounts (account numbers) and gave me the choice of choosing either to fund the new account with, even before approving me.  

rated:
FrozenBiker said:   It took nearly a week, but my app was approved today.
Give it a shot guys.

Tomorrow will be a week ago that I applied.  No errors, no messages, it says it is still processing.  However I never got any email from them acknowledging my application. 
I got the trial deposits to my linked account and was able to go in and call up my application and confirm the trial amounts.   They said it might take 72 hours to review, but it has been 6 days.  I guess I will keep waiting.

Strange since most companies send you a crapload of emails when you sign up for anything.

rated:
Does anyone know if this will generate a hard credit pull?

rated:
wizardking said:   Does anyone know if this will generate a hard credit pull?
I thought banks use ChexSystems for deposit accounts.
More info here 

rated:
Never banked with HSBC before. Immediately declined. WTF

rated:
janice8107 said:   Got this instant message at end of application: "Your application for a new HSBC Bank USA, N.A. "Choice Checking" account has been declined." I had an HSBC account 10yrs ago before closing in good standing. Haven't opened any checking account anywhere in 2 years. I'm sure credit score doesn't mater here as mine is >800
Order Your ChexSystems Consumer Score here.

rated:
Any one here applied back in Nov 2015 (https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1461693) and going retry again?
I closed my account in May 2016 and am assuming am good to go because the requirement is that "no accounts between June 6, 2016 and September 6, 2016"

rated:
  Doctor Of Credit says soft pull

rated:
Man that was by far the most tedious bank account application i've ever filled out. This better work!

rated:
Hmm, might be worth it to get the Advance account and combine it with the Advance Mastercard for its $250 CB for $1500 spend offer. It would mean a $600 return of which $350 is taxable for tying up $10K for five months.

rated:
Careful with the thread title, the terms actually state "Customers who held any HSBC personal account between June 6, 2016 and September 6, 2016 are not eligible for this offer."  Data points from the DoC thread indicate savings accounts and credit cards count as personal accounts to HSBC, and would disqualify someone for the bonus.

rated:
How much time does it take to get a reply? I am waiting since yesterday

rated:
ionxchanger said:   Not that I like to go into bank very often...but they dont have any branches in 47 states.

I live in MD, there are HSBCs in VA, DC and MD.

rated:
StuxnetKaos said:   
ionxchanger said:   Not that I like to go into bank very often...but they dont have any branches in 47 states.

I live in MD, there are HSBCs in VA, DC and MD.

Wonder why google didnt show me all the centers

Anyways...this was a long application. Whats with the survey/repetition questions at the end...waste of time. 

rated:
robbierob03 said:   Careful with the thread title, the terms actually state "Customers who held any HSBC personal account between June 6, 2016 and September 6, 2016 are not eligible for this offer."  Data points from the DoC thread indicate savings accounts and credit cards count as personal accounts to HSBC, and would disqualify someone for the bonus.
  title fixed 

rated:
bharatiya said:   

Difference between soft and hard pull.  

rated:
tsanju - I am in the  same boat as you. Xed my acct end of May. Have re-applied and the trial deposits are in within 1 -day. No replies/emails or updates from HSBC. This better work. How do we find out if we are in the promo or not. There are no promo codes anywhere. 

rated:
soulzeng said:   
bharatiya said:   

Difference between soft and hard pull.  

Is that a question or a statement?  

rated:
curtster said:   Hmm, might be worth it to get the Advance account and combine it with the Advance Mastercard for its $250 CB for $1500 spend offer. It would mean a $600 return of which $350 is taxable for tying up $10K for five months.
  Are you opening the Advance?  Are most folks opening the Choice and just going for $350?

rated:
SinglePapa said:   http://www.us.hsbc.com/1/2/home/personal-banking/checking-accoun...
  Anyone see any terms that prevent bonus for new additional same household accounts?

rated:
bharatiya said:   

Is that dependent on whether or what card you chose? (ATM/debit/none)

Most aggravating part was not the amount of info but the  identifying credit info questions.... never have I seen more horrendous questions, as here they ALL centered around "Around April 2015 you opened a <type of acct>" then list unknown banks/institutions as choices, to which I HAD to say none of the above, then next question would say "For above account the amount of mortgage was..."  --- A set of 3 x 2 of such BS.... so little chance of getting approved ...

rated:
invisible said:   bharatiya said:   wizardking said:   Does anyone know if this will generate a hard credit pull?Doctor Of Credit says soft pullIs that dependent on whether or what card you chose? (ATM/debit/none)

Most aggravating part was not the amount of info but the  identifying credit info questions.... never have I seen more horrendous questions, as here they ALL centered around "Around April 2015 you opened a <type of acct>" then list unknown banks/institutions as choices, to which I HAD to say none of the above, then next question would say "For above account the amount of mortgage was..."  --- A set of 3 x 2 of such BS.... so little chance of getting approved ...
These questions are probably not the reason they are declining applications en masse. I had a set of questions exactly like you described. The most aggravating for me was a monthly payment question about a loan that was paid off > 10 years ago (but still appears on Equifax because of reporting glitches and the fact that there's no law about how long GOOD accounts can continue to be reported after they're closed).

rated:
ach1199 said:   No DD required but must do two bill pays a month for three months and maintain $1,500 balance to avoid $15 monthly fee. $350 bonus will be paid about two months after the last qualifying activity. That means the payout will be about five months after the acct is opened during which $1,500 bal has to be maintained.

There is a $3k DD option over 3 months as well.

As I read from Ken's Deposit Accounts: A minimum cumulative amount of $3000 is required + all that you state here. I just applied!   I specified $1500 from my Alliant CU, so when I get the 2 small deposits taken care of I will make sure that I ACH at least $3000 during the 5 months.

rated:
invisible said:   
SinglePapa said:   http://www.us.hsbc.com/1/2/home/personal-banking/checking-accoun...
  Anyone see any terms that prevent bonus for new additional same household accounts?

Do you?

Whiners, expect $350 for doing absolutely nothing?

rated:
finally the account is open. No notification nothing yet, but was able to check the status of the application and confirm that it was open.

Skipping 172 Messages...
rated:
I've made billpays from HSBC to 2 different Chase CCs at the same time and Chase received payments 2 days apart.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016