• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Chase Freedom 5% Ultimate Rewards Registration 

Chase Fourth Quarter Rewards Activation  ~~  Must be done before December 14th, 2016.
Chase 5% Ultimate Rewards Third Quarter 2016 Activation NOW OPEN until December 14th, 2016
Chase Freedom Card with account in good standing required.

Classifications:  Drugstores, most Department Stores and Wholesale Clubs

Earn 5% cash back from Chase on up to $1,500 in
 combined purchases from October 1 - December 31, 2016

Does not include gas, fuel, wholesale club specialty service purchases such as travel, insurance, cell phone and home improvement. Check with your local wholesale clubs to see if your Chase Freedom card is accepted.

Member Summary

Chase Freedom Card
Thanks JW10
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Just the opposite. Must be on the Department Store list to count. Target is not a qualified seller. No extra award on... (more)

JW10 (Oct. 08, 2016 @ 1:07p) |

Sigh. My local CVS seems to have implemented a no CC on vanilla visa policy that they didnt have 3 weeks ago. Riteaid al... (more)

Krazen1211 (Oct. 26, 2016 @ 10:19a) |

any GC to buy at CVS that's easy to liquidate [for example with PIN for debit purchase]? thanks,

matthewk (Oct. 26, 2016 @ 4:22p) |

Top Department Stores merchants and qualifying purchases:

JCPenney®
Kohl's®
Macy's®
Nordstrom and Nordstrom Rack
 Sears®

Also earn 5% at these Department Stores:

Barney’s
Baskins®
Bealls
Beiter’s
Belk
Bergdorf Goodman
The Big Store
Bloomingdale's
Bon-Ton®, including
    Bergner's®
    Boston Store®
    Carson's®
    Elder-Beerman®
    Herbergers®
    PARISIAN
    Younkers®
Boscov's
Bradley's
Burke's®
Cayman's®
Cee & Cee Department Store
Charles
Christensen's
Conway
Cook Brothers
Dillard's
Flemington Department Store
Getz's®
Hudson’s
JC'S 5 Star
Jeffery
Joe Brand
Loehmann’s
Lord & Taylor
Magic Mart
Max & Jill
Neiman Marcus and NM Last Call
Rains
RH Renny
Saks Fifth Ave and Off 5th
Sam Moon
Shopko
Uhan’s Department Store
Uniway®
Von Maur®
 Weaver’s Store

Merchants Not Classified as Department Stores:

Target
WalMart
Kmart
Discount stores such as Tj Maxx
Electronics stores
General merchandise and Variety stores
 Gift cards purchased at any locations other than the department stores on the inclusion list

Examples of Wholesale Club merchants and qualifying purchases (Please check with your local Wholesale Clubs to see if your Chase Freedom card is accepted):

Costco
BJ's
Sam's Club
Texas Jasmine

Purchases made through the checkout on the wholesale club merchant's website (EX. Costco.com, BJs.com, SamsClub.com)
Purchases made in-store at the front-end registers
Purchases made at the member services desk

Wholesale Clubs Related Purchase
Exclusions:
Gas and Fuel
 Wholesale Clubs specialty services such as travel, insurance, cell phone and home improvement.

Examples of Drugstore merchants and qualifying purchases:

Walgreens
CVS
Duane Read
Discount Drug Mart
Long’s Drugs
Bartell Drugs
 Rite Aid
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

The 5% applies to purchases at the B&M stores as well as their web sites of the eligible stores?

TIA

I am a Brick and Mortars store customer. I want my goods ten minutes before I leave the house !! (JK) If you are an internet shopper, remember to check for bonus purchase links in the credit card website or some portal that pays you to shop like Ebates.  Getting your 5% when shopping on line is YMMV.

I've had this card for 5 or 6 4Q's. They used to always give you 5% off Amazon. Looks like I'll have to continue using my Chase Amazon card!

I forget, which drug stores still sell vanilla ice cream on credit cards?

too bad no Amazon 5% love this year and odd that they pick wholesale clubs 2 quarters in a row. Too bad Costco doesn't have better 3rd party gift cards.

Thanks for the reminder. Yeah, I'm surprised Amazon isn't a choice this quarter, but I can work Sam's Club with this. I have 2 Discover cards that I can use at Amazon next quarter!!

confused200 said:   The 5% applies to purchases at the B&M stores as well as their web sites of the eligible stores?

TIA

I purchased some stuff from Costco.c0m and got the 5% back last quarter.

robstrash said:   odd that they pick wholesale clubs 2 quarters in a row.

They've been advertising that for a while, trying to get Costco customers to use this card instead of the new Costco Visa.

robstrash said:   too bad no Amazon 5% love this year and odd that they pick wholesale clubs 2 quarters in a row. Too bad Costco doesn't have better 3rd party gift cards.

Wholesale clubs THREE quarters in a row.  Trying to kick the Costco Visa in the teeth.

https://creditcards.chase.com/freedom/calendarreminder

robstrash said:   too bad no Amazon 5% love this year and odd that they pick wholesale clubs 2 quarters in a row. Too bad Costco doesn't have better 3rd party gift cards.
  but the ones they do have have 20% discounts!

taxmantoo said:   I forget, which drug stores still sell vanilla ice cream on credit cards?
  Walgreens, but mine limit to one a day

rufflesinc said:   
taxmantoo said:   I forget, which drug stores still sell vanilla ice cream on credit cards?
  Walgreens, but mine limit to one a day

There's only a $1,500 limit for the 5% for the entire quarter anyway, so that's not really a limiting factor.

Bummer on Amazon. I guess we can buy Amazon GC at drugstores.

Sweet. 5% off of WalMart purchases and Sam's Club Gas.

FYI - Just purchase gift cards at Sam's with the 5% and use those for purchases at WalMart

I'm alright with not having Amazon this year since the Prime Card is always 5%. Hopefully this offer extends to online and not just B&M.

Discover Card is doing 5% at Amazon and Sam's Club, along with department stores in Q4.

Target got Amazon GC? They used to at one time but I haven't seen them lately.

Folks, if you want to look back at the history, you can go to this just archived thread: https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1006883
If someone had only added this and/or the DiscoverCard thread to that one we could have kept it alive. Unfortunately, once it is archived the mods cannot bring it back.

lonestarguy said:   Folks, if you want to look back at the history, you can go to this just archived thread: https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1006883
If someone had only added this and/or the DiscoverCard thread to that one we could have kept it alive. Unfortunately, once it is archived the mods cannot bring it back.

Not true

ZenNUTS said:   Bummer on Amazon. I guess we can buy Amazon GC at drugstores.
  Remember that if you do this you lose the 2nd year warranty that you get with most Visa cards.

OneStepAhead said:   
ZenNUTS said:   Bummer on Amazon. I guess we can buy Amazon GC at drugstores.
  Remember that if you do this you lose the 2nd year warranty that you get with most Visa cards.

You mean the extra 2 years (up to 7 total) that you get with Citi cards.
1 year up to 2 is useless in comparison

ellory said:   
lonestarguy said:   Folks, if you want to look back at the history, you can go to this just archived thread: https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1006883 

Not true

I asked a Moderator if they could reactivate it and they said it could not be.  If you know more, please give some details as to how.   Perhaps I got a mod who didn't know how.

It is Moderator discretion. IMO. I was successful once, but it was clear cut in my case. The working theory is three months of no postings equals lost interest >> archive.

" Does not include gas, fuel, wholesale club specialty service purchases such as travel, insurance, cell phone and home improvement."

So at COSTCO,  Gas wont qualify for 5% right? However will that earn normal 1% level points for this card?

invisible said:   " Does not include gas, fuel, wholesale club specialty service purchases such as travel, insurance, cell phone and home improvement."

So at COSTCO,  Gas wont qualify for 5% right? However will that earn normal 1% level points for this card?

I would think you could buy a Costco gc inside and then use that at the pump, getting 5% on the gc.

infogirlgeek said:   
invisible said:   " Does not include gas, fuel, wholesale club specialty service purchases such as travel, insurance, cell phone and home improvement."

I would think you could buy a Costco gc inside and then use that at the pump, getting 5% on the gc.

YES!  You beat me to it!!!!!!  Was just about to say that!

JW10 said:   It is Moderator discretion. IMO. I was successful once, but it was clear cut in my case. The working theory is three months of no postings equals lost interest >> archive.

True, but for something like this where new the categories post every 3 months it might have made sense to extend  it.  I like having it in one thread so I get e-mailed when someone posts something new to it.  Perhaps if enough folks ask we can get a moderator to reopen it.  Feel free to try too.

infogirlgeek said:   

Thanks for the reminder, forgot abt that though did so ealier

tennis8363 said:   Sweet. 5% off of WalMart purchases and Sam's Club Gas.

FYI - Just purchase gift cards at Sam's with the 5% and use those for purchases at WalMart

Exactly what I do, and the only thing I use my card for. No worries about going over the $1500 per quarter. I just buy a $500 gc each month at Sam's. 

~~lonestarguy;19634024 said:JW10;19633846 said:
It is Moderator discretion. IMO. I was successful once, but it was clear cut in my case. The working theory is three months of no postings equals lost interest >> archive.

True, but for something like this where new the categories post every 3 months it might have made sense to extend  it.  I like having it in one thread so I get e-mailed when someone posts something new to it.  Perhaps if enough folks ask we can get a moderator to reopen it.  Feel free to try too.

====================
or some ambitious soul start it fresh ... perhaps make a reference link to the old one in the new one.

Drug stores? Awesome! $500 vanilla visa coming.

Sorry for the reading comprehension... but what exactly is this mean:

Gift cards purchased at any locations other than the department stores on the inclusion list

So Gift card bought at rite-aid or Target DOES count? Since they are not classified as "Department Store"?

Just the opposite. Must be on the Department Store list to count. Target is not a qualified seller. No extra award on Target purchases.
Rite Aid is okay since it is listed as a drug store.

Sigh. My local CVS seems to have implemented a no CC on vanilla visa policy that they didnt have 3 weeks ago. Riteaid also seems to have the same hardcoded at the cash register POS.

Anyone else running into this?

any GC to buy at CVS that's easy to liquidate [for example with PIN for debit purchase]? thanks,

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017