• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
For those of you who may come back to the old thread @ https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/915392 , I wanted to let you know that as of September 2016, that protection IS still valid. PenFed has no info on it on their website anymore, but their customer service team was able to get me in touch with Visa's Card Benefit Service team and they are the ones providing this coverage.

Their contact information is:
800-882-8057
www.cardbenefitservices.com

If you use the website, you have to register by proving your credit card number and other details, but then the web form is pretty easy to navigate and provide the requested documentation.

I just thought others may want to know that this coverage is still in effect if you are paying your cell phone bill with your PenFed CC (you must pay the cell phone bill for the month prior to an incident with the PenFed CC).

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Good to know there is still an alternative I can use in case Wells Fargo discontinue their cell phone protection coverage.

Do you have a link to the terms/ more info?

since https://www.penfed.org/pdf/accountsforms/CellPhoneProtectDisc.pd... is down

so the items should be purchased from a penfed card only right?

Years ago when this started to go away, I remember reading that they would continue to support those who were already signed up, but not allow new sign ups. I foolishly stopped paying with them a while back when I stopped using the card as my daily spender. If it was still allowing signups, I might just start using it for my cell phone bill again.

Can you provide any details on how to get the form submitted, etc

Thanks for this. Turns out I was still paying my Cell Bill with Pen Fed. Actually its the only thing I put on it each month, and it was just for this reason. I had totally forgotten about it, and actually had cell damage last month. Just signed in/up and submitted a claim. I'll post back later on my success or not.

Does it work the same way for Citi Forward?

ionxchanger said:   so the items should be purchased from a penfed card only right?
You don't need to buy the phone with the Penfed card, only pay the monthly bill with it.

Thrilla said:   
ionxchanger said:   so the items should be purchased from a penfed card only right?
You don't need to buy the phone with the Penfed card, only pay the monthly bill with it.

new sign ups?

GReat thread. I'm a long time Penfed CC holder and user, but they've been sliding into crappiness forever. I wish I had heard of this. I probably would have used this. Dangit.

Anyone who has used this, pelase chime in with first hand accounts.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017