• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

Moderator Comment: Thank you for your participation. Please note that there is also discussion about this topic Here. — Sep. 25, 2016 @ 8:58pm
Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
cliffsnotes?

rated:
I dont' see any specifics on how many people signed up for it. It says they sold out of 2 years worth of cards in a month so its ~24x their expected demand.

I wonder how many of those cards went to people who will cash out the bonus and then cancel?

rated:
No wonder they need 30 days to process an application now.

rated:
Took them 25 days to send me a plastic card.

rated:
u2head8 said:   No wonder they need 30 days to process an application now.
   I applied this past Sunday, was instantly approved and received my card by Wednesday. My car is the metal version, it didn't come in a fancy box, but I don't care.

rated:
breaux124 said:   u2head8 said:   No wonder they need 30 days to process an application now.
   I applied this past Sunday, was instantly approved and received my card by Wednesday. My car is the metal version, it didn't come in a fancy box, but I don't care.

I didn't get instant approval and it said it takes about 7 days but, after 3-4 days, I got an email saying that it takes up to 30 days.

rated:
The real winners here are the bloggers with affiliate links.

rated:
I used to work in one of the two facilities that they mention, they used to have a third in NY one from when they bought another bank. The same facilities mail out millions of bank and CC statements a week. We went through over a quarter million dollars in postage DAILY.

I worked in the statement processing side, mostly. I sometimes had to help on the other side though.

rated:
scripta said:   cliffsnotes?
TL;DR
Chase shipped a huge multiple of the expected demand of the Sapphire Reserve cards.
Chase is winning in territory previously dominated by Amex & Citi.
Millennials like the Sapphire Reserve.

rated:
jd2010 said:   Took them 25 days to send me a plastic card.

Really? Mine was overnighted via UPS.

rated:

Their card division's non-performing % is about to go way up.

rated:
  I second this request as well.  What are some of the pros and cons of applying for and obtaining this CC?

rated:
asiansinger said:   
  I second this request as well.  What are some of the pros and cons of applying for and obtaining this CC?

https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1519272

rated:
I hit the 5/24 rule on Chase, but applied hubby for this card last week. He got it in about three days. ETA: Metal, and it's really a nice card. 

rated:
Denial for me and the Mrs. 5/24

rated:
Do we really need a 2nd thread on this card?

rated:
The other one is flooded with info about the card and application status. This one was more of a business analysis until the two posts above yours.

rated:
scripta said:   The other one is flooded with info about the card and application status. This one was more of a business analysis until the two posts above yours.
  Short version of the BusinessWeek article is this.  Without the 100K signup, there would be no BusinessWeek article and everyone who applied would have received a metal card.

You are getting the following with CSR over CSP by paying an extra $55 in annual fee (after the $300 travel credit):

1 extra point on trave/dining categories
50% extra when using UR to book travel
Priority Pass
A little better car rental coverage

If Chase offered this card for $150 AF (without the travel credit and the 100K signup bonus), I highly doubt the response would have been as enthusiastic  

rated:
^^^ Thanks for the short version, but I didn't ask what I'm getting with CSR -- that's been covered ad nauseam in the other thread.

rated:
seawolf21 said:   
scripta said:   The other one is flooded with info about the card and application status. This one was more of a business analysis until the two posts above yours.
  Short version of the BusinessWeek article is this.  Without the 100K signup, there would be no BusinessWeek article and everyone who applied would have received a metal card.

You are getting the following with CSR over CSP by paying an extra $55 in annual fee (after the $300 travel credit):

1 extra point on trave/dining categories
50% extra when using UR to book travel
Priority Pass
A little better car rental coverage

If Chase offered this card for $150 AF (without the travel credit and the 100K signup bonus), I highly doubt the response would have been as enthusiastic  

Probably true. 100k signing bonuses are absolutely huge. But the card might still be a great value for some folks. I already pay $95/year since I really benefit from the ability to send UR to UA. But for effectively $55 more, if I'm getting the ability to burn at 1.5, and lounge access, that's pretty huge. I don't know of any lounge cards that cost less than $395 annual fee. That means that generally, I don't have to restrict my UR use to solely UA (or BA, Hyatt, etc). I could just earn and burn. Having Sapphire Reserve also makes Freedom Unlimited a 2.25% travel credit card, which is sweet.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016