• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I am currently refinanced with SoFi at 4.85% variable for 15 years. I submitted an application with Commonbond that gave me a 3.6% variable rate for 15 years so I was going to make the switch. 

The 3.6% seemed almost set through all of the steps except when I received an approval notice to sign the papers. I see that Commonbond raised my rate to 4.33% which is a huge difference from the 3.6% they quoted me. When I submitted documents of my existing SoFi refinanced loans, it showed my current rate. Do they look at this? I thought they try to give what is fair and not base on my current rate. It seems like a bait and switch because I would not have gone through all the trouble to get my documents and everything if all I could get is a 4.33. Any thoughts on how to get the quoted rate when I call tomorrow?

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

call and complain. Could have repriced due to market rate change or similar. Can always refi again back to sofi with bonus or similar (first republic under 3%)

indebted said:   Any thoughts on how to get the quoted rate when I call tomorrow?Ummm, they are loaning you money.

xoneinax said:   
indebted said:   Any thoughts on how to get the quoted rate when I call tomorrow?
Ummm, they are loaning you money.

What is your point?  

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017