Another unusual trade

Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

646046NX6
Disclaimer
Security 646046NX6 was sold at 108.8 and then bought at 90.303 same day!
See http://emma.msrb.org/SecurityDetails/TradeActivity/646046NX6

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

BrunoB said:   Security 646046NX6 was sold at 108.8 and then bought at 90.303 same day!

I would expect that to be pretty common for securities trading so lightly.

etrade
Disclaimer
BostonOne said:   
BrunoB said:   Security 646046NX6 was sold at 108.8 and then bought at 90.303 same day!

I would expect that to be pretty common for securities trading so lightly.

But it was priced 110 at ETrade around the same time.

It looks like that $90 trades were cancelled.

Why post these? I noticed OP posts dozens of these types of threads and doesn't provide any context as to why and doesn't follow-up. Maybe the ignore functionality will have to get used now.

Bruno, let us know if you ever find a quote that's actionable. After you trade it, of course.

MrSamsung said:   I noticed OP posts dozens of these types of threads and doesn't provide any context as to why and doesn't follow-up.Why is the puzzle that needs to be solved.

xoneinax said:   
MrSamsung said:   I noticed OP posts dozens of these types of threads and doesn't provide any context as to why and doesn't follow-up.
Why is the puzzle that needs to be solved.

He's trying to find really good deals on municipal bonds. He's probably on the quote sites 10x per day.

I hope it at least gives him entertainment in what I assume is his retirement.

That's the part I find odd. Why spend any amount of time looking for stale quotes if you can't trade on them? Dealer markets like retails bonds don't have binding quotes.

TravelerMSY said:   That's the part I find odd. Why spend any amount of time looking for stale quotes if you can't trade on them? Dealer markets like retails bonds don't have binding quotes.
  Agree. I'd be nice to know if he ever gets any good deals. 

I have the opposite problem.  When I find a good deal at the existing price, maybe because some good news came out, the bond exchange or the counterparty finds some excuse to break the trades even though they were at a reasonable price that they offered.  At least the stock markets don't break trades that often and usually only if they're 10% away from where the market was.  These bond guys break things that might move 1% just to screw me.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017