• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
https://www262.americanexpress.com/dapply/web/getthecard/us/api/dal/personal-card/multi-lp/dal-610 

GOLD
LIMITED TIME OFFER: Earn 50,000 Bonus Milesafter you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card within your first 3 months and a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months

Special offer expires on 11/9/16.† Offer Terms $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95. 

OR

PLATINUM
LIMITED TIME OFFER: Earn 10,000 Medallion®Qualification Miles (MQMs) and 70,000 Bonus Milesafter you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card within your first 3 months. In addition, earn $100 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months.

Special offer expires on 11/9/16.† Offer Terms Annual Fee $195 

Also, When booking a flight, this offer appeared but I can't direct link to it:

Earn a $100 Statement Credit and 50,000 Bonus MilesApply for the Gold Delta SkyMiles Credit Card from American Express

• $100 Statement Credit after you use your new Card on a Delta purchase in your first 3 months*
  • 50,000 bonus miles after you make $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer Expires 11/9/2016
  • First checked bag free and Priority Boarding on Delta flights
  • $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95 Rates & Fees |Offer Terms |Benefit Terms 

Terms and Conditions Apply 

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Are 20,000 miles worth the additional $195 the Platinum offer costs ?

rated:
xoneinax said:   Are 20,000 miles worth the additional $195 the Platinum offer costs ?
  They are if you have already had an Amex Delta gold card since these Amex offers are once per lifetime.

rated:

rated:
If I am not flying can 50,000 Bonus Miles (or any other Bonus Miles) be easily converted to cash?

rated:
Delta miles used to be skypesos - could never use them - but I will be damned - I booked a roundtrip US trip - Northern California to Las Vegas for 11,000 miles per person. Wow - if I could repeat such trips, then the pesos are suddenly looking good.

Ever since Costco stopped accepting Amex, it is a bit harder for me to do manufactured spending on Amex - hence I went for the 50K offer since I have to spend only 1K and save on the annual fee. Still don't trust Delta that their miles will become pesos once more.

If you do get the card before 10/15, #AmexBoxed offer is still available. Just placed my Boxed order 5 minutes ago - with 40% off using AmexOffer, it is possible to get some good deals (no longer buying stamps / tennis balls since I have a nice pile of those items).

rated:
Boxed seems to be more expensive than costco....

rated:
prastogi2012 said:   Boxed seems to be more expensive than costco....
  Even with 40% off from amex deal and initial $15 off on first order? 

rated:
applied and got approved for the Gold.

Gold = 100k mileage + $50 statement credit
Plat = 140k mileage + $100 statement credit - $195 anal fee.

unless Plat has way better perks than Gold, I don't see the extra 40k mileage + $145 worth it.

rated:
dawhim said:   applied and got approved for the Gold.

unless Plat has way better perks than Gold, I don't see the extra 40k mileage + $145 worth it.

Platinum Delta comes with a free domestic companion ticket every year, so if you fly with some regularity with someone else that can be a potentially really good deal, depending upon the cost of your flight. 

rated:
Will Amex give me another bonus if I had a Delta Gold personal card?

rated:
delhel said:   Will Amex give me another bonus if I had a Delta Gold personal card?
  Chances no, even if you get an invitation. You need to apply for another type you haven't gotten a sign up bonus for yet.
Read more here: Churning...

rated:
not worth it. delta sucks

rated:
What's the likelihood of getting them to match the offer if I'm still in the initial 3 month period (I signed up with a 30,000 mile offer)

rated:
ionxchanger said:   not worth it. delta sucks
  Can't you convert those 50,000 Bonus Miles (or any other Bonus Miles) easily into cash instead?

rated:
Much better than what I got in June: https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1503159

rated:
ToddC said:   
ionxchanger said:   not worth it. delta sucks
  Can't you convert those 50,000 Bonus Miles (or any other Bonus Miles) easily into cash instead?

Do you mean cash as in they'll send you a check for $500?... No

Do you mean cash as in you can use the miles for $500 off the cost of an eligible flight booked at Delta.com?... Yes (as long as you have a Delta Skymiles credit card)

rated:
dawhim said:   applied and got approved for Gold.

Wait. How are you getting 100,000 and 140,000 instead of just 50,000 and 70,000 ?

rated:
What's the cheapest Delta purchase you can make to qualify for the $50 credit?

rated:
margolis said:   What's the cheapest Delta purchase you can make to qualify for the $50 credit?
 If you're flying Delta sometime soon, a snack on a flight.  If not, $50 Delta eGC.

rated:
for the companion pass can we use points like southwest or does it need to be paid wit hcash

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017