Can you close Chase Savings account over phone?

Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I closed a few Chase promotional Savings accounts at the branch. But can you close them over phone? I know Chase tellers won't close them at their window.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

traderranger said:   I closed a few Chase promotional Savings accounts at the branch. But can you close them over phone? I know Chase tellers won't close them at their window.
  What did they say when you called to close them?

Depends. Some you can do via online chat (Ally bank for example). Others I have had to fax or send in a signed letter, so per the previous comment, you probably want to call and ask them what the process is.

Empty the account and send a message through the online message center to close it.

I did this last week with no issues.

Dupe

I've closed a Chase savings account over the phone recently, but I kept the checking account open. Actually transferred a few hundred dollars from savings to checking in the same call to zero out the balance and then close it.

I closed a Chase Savings Account over the phone a couple of years ago. They sent the check through the mail.

I closed both a Chase savings and checking account over the phone 3 months ago. You can either drain the account to zero and then call to close or they will send you a paper check for the balance. Note, any promotional bonus received will be deducted at closing unless account was open for 6 months.

When they asked why I was closing and I just said that I didn't use the account like I thought I would and wanted to simplify.

Thanks, the best answer (easiest way) was through Secure Message. It was closed within a few minutes after sending a message.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017