• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Ripped from Doctor of Credit 
$200 cash bonus after $500 spend within 90 days.
I was instantly approved for the NEA card. I am not a member of the NEA...

• No annual fee
  • Card earns at the following rate:

• 1% cash back on purchases
    • 2% at grocery stores and wholesale clubs*
    • 3% on gas*

• 10% customer bonus when you redeem into a Bank of America checking account

*for the first $2500 in combined grocery, wholesale, and gas purchases each quarter

Apply for NEA card 
Apply for MTA card 

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
I believe I already answered that question (asked by you) in this earlier reply.

TheDiggler (Oct. 25, 2016 @ 9:18a) |

Met the bonus terms.

Any current similar BOA offers??

needhelpplease (Nov. 14, 2016 @ 2:20p) |

TheDiggler (Nov. 14, 2016 @ 2:34p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Thanks OP.

Note also this thread, regarding possible 1099-INT for redeeming points to the checking account: https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1531506

rated:
Anyone know how many cards BoA allows you to have? I already have two from similar promotions that I never closed...

rated:
BrianGa said:   Anyone know how many cards BoA allows you to have? I already have two from similar promotions that I never closed...
  I thought I read something at the Doctor Of Credit website that BoA has no max on number of cards, but rather a maximum dollar amount in available credit with BoA across all lines

rated:
flwsoldier said:   Ripped from Doctor of Credit 

• No annual fee

• 3% on gas*

*for the first $2500 in combined grocery, wholesale, and gas purchases each quarter

Apply for NEA card 
Apply for MTA card 

Looks like the links are no longer working

"We apologize for any inconvenience.The application you are requesting is currently unavailable.Thank you for your interest.

• United States 1-800-551-0839
  • Canada 1-877-862-7759
  • Ireland 1-800-409-510
  • United Kingdom Credit Cards 0-800-028-2440
  • United Kingdom Business Cards 0-800-092-2955

Please call as your business is important to us and we will be happy to process your request immediately.PLEASE NOTE:This application may be unavailable for maintenance, development improvements, or this offer may have expired."

rated:
Just worked for me. Instant approval. Thanks OP.

Sometimes the low charge requirement to receive the bonus is nice.

rated:
I just got approved for a different BOA credit card within the last week - this one had a $100 bonus for spending $500 in the first 90 days. Do you think there's any chance that I could get approved for the NEA card from them at this time (Have excellent credit & haven't had any other credit pulls for quite a while).

rated:
BrianGa said:   Anyone know how many cards BoA allows you to have? I already have two from similar promotions that I never closed...

Last MLB round I got approved for 3 in one day. Saw on another site someone getting high teens in one day. They combine inquires so only shows as 1.

rated:
bc3000 said:   

Last MLB round I got approved for 3 in one day. Saw on another site someone getting high teens in one day. They combine inquires so only shows as 1.

so Can we do both bonus multiple times??  

Congratulations, your credit card application has been approved with a $9000 credit line! You will receive your credit card within 7 to 10 days and the Welcome Package within 10 to 14 days at the address you provided.

rated:
Any suggestions how to spend $500? When you get 3 of those, how do you spend $1500?

rated:
mmtraxx said:   
flwsoldier said:   Ripped from Doctor of Credit 

• No annual fee

• 3% on gas*

Apply for NEA card 
Apply for MTA card 

Looks like the links are no longer working

"We apologize for any inconvenience.The application you are requesting is currently unavailable.Thank you for your interest.

• United States 1-800-551-0839
  • Canada 1-877-862-7759
  • Ireland 1-800-409-510
  • United Kingdom Credit Cards 0-800-028-2440
  • United Kingdom Business Cards 0-800-092-2955

Please call as your business is important to us and we will be happy to process your request immediately.PLEASE NOTE:This application may be unavailable for maintenance, development improvements, or this offer may have expired."

Application link worked for me today using Edge in non incognito mode.  Did not work with Chrome or Firefox, either mode.  Does anyone know why?

rated:
I called the number on the NEA application.......888-758-7946 and gave them the VACN60 code. Rep told me no signup bonus was available.

edit to add: later thinking I might have confused the last digit of the code..wasn't sure it was zero or "oh"  but noticed the WTA ended in a letter Z so thought
perhaps the NEA ended in "oh" but I thought it was a zero when I called.     I called back the next day and the rep did find the signup bonus with the same
zero ending that I gave yesterday.       Go figger..........anyway I applied today but still awaiting approval.   Rep said signup bonus is $200 or $100 depending of whether CL approved is >5K or not (signature or other card).

rated:
needhelpplease said:   
bc3000 said:   

Last MLB round I got approved for 3 in one day. Saw on another site someone getting high teens in one day. They combine inquires so only shows as 1.

so Can we do both bonus multiple times??  

Congratulations, your credit card application has been approved with a $9000 credit line! You will receive your credit card within 7 to 10 days and the Welcome Package within 10 to 14 days at the address you provided.

Unless BofA changed something, I received the bonus on all 3 and they all had the same credit limit.

rated:
Interesting. I have a BOA Visa Signature card already & wonder if I can just change the card type and keep the same account numbers. Reason is the number of autopay accounts and default card numbers for online retailers. I'm guessing it's a whole new account but anyone know?
Thanks

rated:
UKtour said:   Interesting. I have a BOA Visa Signature card already & wonder if I can just change the card type and keep the same account numbers. Reason is the number of autopay accounts and default card numbers for online retailers. I'm guessing it's a whole new account but anyone know?
If you're inquiring whether your existing card can be converted to a new CC # while having an approved application for the NEA (or MTA) CC get issued the old CC #, I seriously doubt it (and even if BOA claims they can do it, I suspect you'd get issued a new expiration date and CVC #, potentially impacting your auto-pay setups). If you want to product convert your existing CC to an NEA (or MTA) CC, that might work, but then you'll lose out on the sign-up bonus, which effectively defeats the purpose of getting these cards.

*EDIT* If the reason you want to change the product type of your existing VISA Signature CC to something different is because the NEA/MTA cards may also be Visa Signature CC's, having multiple cards of the same type is permitted by BOA. Apparently they only care about the total amount of credit issued to you, so it may be necessary to reallocate credit from your existing line to a new line in order to get that new line approved.  As an aside, reallocating credit from existing cards (to get new cards approved) is something I've had to do w/ both Chase and Amex in the past.

rated:
TheDiggler said:   
UKtour said:   Interesting. I have a BOA Visa Signature card already & wonder if I can just change the card type and keep the same account numbers. Reason is the number of autopay accounts and default card numbers for online retailers. I'm guessing it's a whole new account but anyone know?

but then you'll lose out on the sign-up bonus, which effectively defeats the purpose of getting these cards.

Yeah, and why else would anyone want another card? $200 is nice though as it'll pay the stupid cable bill for a month. Thanks, might have to call them to clarify.

rated:
Green! got approved instantly.
FYI
I applied through the link from Doctor of Credit page using a Firefox browser with Adblock Plus and NoScript. I had to allow scripts on the application page.

rated:
Approved for both, with 12k and 8k

Question: does the 90 day period begin the day you are approved for the card or the day you get the card and call the 1-800 number to activate. A 10-15 day difference between the 2 options I listed, so was just curious. Sorry if it's a dumb question

rated:
Well this is interesting.  I applied for both cards (more or less simultaneously using 2 different web browsers), where both were instantly approved.  At the end of the application processes for each, I was redirected to an NEA page for the NEA card and an MTA page for the MTA card (which was when I learned that MTA stood for Massachusetts Teachers Association, not Metropolitan Transit Authority, which I believe is the organization which runs the NYC subway system, among other things).   A few days later I logged into my BOA account and noticed 2 new accounts in there, but both were listed as NEA cards (see 1st attached image).

Here's another data point: when I navigate to the page for the 1st NEA card (ending in 3xxx), in the "Pay this Card" section it contains an NEA logo (see 2nd attached image) while the page for the 2nd NEA card (ending in 5xxx) contains a generic logo in that same section (see 3rd attached image).

I haven't received either physical card yet so am not sure whether they'll both be NEA cards. If they are, I guess I can re-apply for the MTA card as well (maybe twice if I do so in two different web browsers!)  Anyone else experience anything like this?

rated:
retirebyfourty said:   Approved for both, with 12k and 8k

Question: does the 90 day period begin the day you are approved for the card or the day you get the card and call the 1-800 number to activate. A 10-15 day difference between the 2 options I listed, so was just curious. Sorry if it's a dumb question

It starts on approval, but they actually give you a little more than 90 days. You can call and ask what the date is by which you have to complete the spending.

rated:
Thanks!

Mine shows 2 NEA cards in the login too; interesting.

rated:
If both NEA/MTA cards are approved does this mean you can get $400=$200+$200 cash bonus or just one cash bonus of $200?

rated:
I dunno about anyone else but I applied for both specifically to maximize and get 400$ total back. If they don't hold to that, then we were misled and can file something with the cfpb lol

rated:
ToddC said:   If both NEA/MTA cards are approved does this mean you can get $400=$200+$200 cash bonus or just one cash bonus of $200?
It should be $200 per approved card (where I'm expecting this to hold true even if I end up with two different primary NEA cards).

rated:
So for a married couple this could be $800 back for $2000 spend, amiright?

rated:
TheDiggler said:   Well this is interesting.  I applied for both cards (more or less simultaneously using 2 different web browsers), where both were instantly approved.  At the end of the application processes for each, I was redirected to an NEA page for the NEA card and an MTA page for the MTA card (which was when I learned that MTA stood for Massachusetts Teachers Association, not Metropolitan Transit Authority, which I believe is the organization which runs the NYC subway system, among other things).   A few days later I logged into my BOA account and noticed 2 new accounts in there, but both were listed as NEA cards (see 1st attached image).

Here's another data point: when I navigate to the page for the 1st NEA card (ending in 3xxx), in the "Pay this Card" section it contains an NEA logo (see 2nd attached image) while the page for the 2nd NEA card (ending in 5xxx) contains a generic logo in that same section (see 3rd attached image).

I haven't received either physical card yet so am not sure whether they'll both be NEA cards. If they are, I guess I can re-apply for the MTA card as well (maybe twice if I do so in two different web browsers!)  Anyone else experience anything like this?

This is indeed interesting. Let's carry it to the extreme. Is it possible to apply in 5 different web browsers on 2 different computers and get a total of 10 NEA/MTA cards for a total of $2,000 cash bonus?

rated:
TheDiggler said:   Well this is interesting.  I applied for both cards (more or less simultaneously using 2 different web browsers), where both were instantly approved.  At the end of the application processes for each, I was redirected to an NEA page for the NEA card and an MTA page for the MTA card (which was when I learned that MTA stood for Massachusetts Teachers Association, not Metropolitan Transit Authority, which I believe is the organization which runs the NYC subway system, among other things).   A few days later I logged into my BOA account and noticed 2 new accounts in there, but both were listed as NEA cards (see 1st attached image).

I got both cards, they display the same as yours does online but the physical cards are different.
Data Point: I submitted a total of 3 apps. 2 apps for the MTA card (1 day between apps), first one was auto-approved, 2nd was not. I got a letter for the 2nd submission stating if I intended to apply for the same card a 2nd time and be considered for it, to write back at an address listed on the letter. Considering the amount of apps I did on the MLB cards, I'm not going to bring any more attention to my accounts there.

rated:
I applied for the NEA card twice in 24 hours, and received a letter that the second application was considered a duplicate request and would not be processed.

rated:
ToddC said:   
TheDiggler said:   I haven't received either physical card yet so am not sure whether they'll both be NEA cards. If they are, I guess I can re-apply for the MTA card as well (maybe twice if I do so in two different web browsers!)  Anyone else experience anything like this?
This is indeed interesting. Let's carry it to the extreme. Is it possible to apply in 5 different web browsers on 2 different computers and get a total of 10 NEA/MTA cards for a total of $2,000 cash bonus?

In theory that would be the correct, but I finally received the physical cards. One is an NEA card, the other is an MTA card. That said, the Credit Card Agreement included w/ the MTA card (printed on paper) says "nea Member Benefits" (inclusive of NEA logo) and the on-line (web) activation page labels both the NEA and MTA accounts as NEA cards (similar to how the customer web portal does).

rated:
i got a letter saying declined for having too many cards with boa. has anyone else gotten this but got them to approve it after reconsideration?

rated:
TheDiggler said:   
ToddC said:   
TheDiggler said:   I haven't received either physical card yet so am not sure whether they'll both be NEA cards. If they are, I guess I can re-apply for the MTA card as well (maybe twice if I do so in two different web browsers!)  Anyone else experience anything like this?

In theory that would be the correct, but I finally received the physical cards. One is an NEA card, the other is an MTA card. That said, the Credit Card Agreement included w/ the MTA card (printed on paper) says "nea Member Benefits" (inclusive of NEA logo) and the on-line (web) activation page labels both the NEA and MTA accounts as NEA cards (similar to how the customer web portal does).

Do you think you can get $200+$200=$400?

rated:
ToddC said:   Do you think you can get $200+$200=$400?
I believe I already answered that question (asked by you) in this earlier reply

rated:
Met the bonus terms.

Any current similar BOA offers??

rated:
needhelpplease said:   Any current similar BOA offers??
https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1535298

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016