• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
It works fine overall but i dont like the graphs and end result

I am not able to see daily changes clearly

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

ensignlee said:   Personalcapital?
Who do you like PersonalCapital more?

Tic tacs

S197 said:   Tic tacs

I was going to go with rosemary, but I suppose it's application specific.

+1 for Personal Capital.   

Does personal capital use yodlee for their account aggregation?

Yodlee MoneyCenter v9 FTW!

SummerSoFar said:   Yodlee MoneyCenter v9 FTW!
I use Yodlee MoneyCenter.  Yodlee is great for tracking day to day activity, but sucks for long term tracking on things like Net Worth.  I wrote a VBA Script for Excel that drives an Internet Explorer Session to log into Yodlee and copy all my account balances into a spreadsheet.

I have tried Mint, Personal capital, and YNAB.  Unfortunately none of them do everything I would like to have under 1 Login

YNAB is good for day to day transaction tracking and budgeting your income, but lacks in providing a financial overview (things like net worth, cash flow, ect)

Personal Capital has done pretty well with the financial overview stuff (things like net worth, cash flow, ect) and also has a transaction tracking/spending category component, but it pales in comparison to YNAB....though Im not complaining because the service is free.

Mint I have used least, but feels like a compromise blend of the other two. You get transaction tracking and budgeting as well as some aspects of the financial overview stuff under 1 login but, it feels like a water-downed version of the other 2 sites

I use Ynab for Budgeting and day to day stuff but then use Personal Capital for the higher level view of my finances. Just my 2 cents...

P.S. Ynab is not free I think it is around $50/year but I view it as well worth that cost, as it made me rethink my relationship with money and my spending decisions.  I can say it was truly life changing...don't get me wrong I was the one who had to do the work to change my ways, but the method and ideas helped me along the way.  Once I changed and saw the difference it made there was no looking back.

I like Ginger Chews better than Mints.

Given how crappy the software has become because it's the equivalent of a Windows 95 application on Windows 10 I can see why people are turned away from it.... However, there is simply nothing better. As an accountant myself, things like seeing both sides of accounting is absolutely necessary for me.

Not to mention, having the data stored locally is essential instead of depending on other people's servers and hoping all my data stays intact and is invalid. Furthermore it's much more customization, it's easy to make new categories and such. Also good for tax reconciliation.

I don't know of any other local based software, so if someone knows of something better by all means. Hopefully quicken gets better since it was sold to another vendor recently.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
    Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016