• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Has anyone had the same problem?

I have been buying this from Staples and it comes in the email. I used to buy other GC and this is the first time I tried wf. Other stores are fine with exchanging digital to plastic

I emailed the gift card email address for wholefoods and they said they can not do it because this is the corporate policy

I mean how stupid is that? They expect people to show up at the cashier big A4 size paper? It will worn out sooner or later?

Why would they have such a corporate policy?

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Because allowing customers to buy low margin GC instead of high-margin groceries is an express train to the poorhouse. Especially third-party cards.

rated:
Who shops there anyway?

rated:
Even if you're buying $100 gift cards, that's two trips at most, not hugely burdensome.

rated:
Are you trying to use a Whole foods gift card to buy a 3rd party gift card?

Or just trade in an email electronic Whole foods gift card for a physical plastic Whole foods gift card?

rated:
fleetwoodmac said:   Has anyone had the same problem?

I have been buying this from Staples and it comes in the email. I used to buy other GC and this is the first time I tried wf. Other stores are fine with exchanging digital to plastic

I emailed the gift card email address for wholefoods and they said they can not do it because this is the corporate policy

I mean how stupid is that? They expect people to show up at the cashier big A4 size paper? It will worn out sooner or later?

I scan them, load them in OneNote and show that at checkout. Works at plenty of stores, not sure about Whole Wallet Foods though. Have only been in that store once. 

rated:
Don't feel left out, Whole Foods doesn't use plastic. Their gift cards are biodegradable paper/cardboard.

And where/why are you getting A4 size paper in the U.S.? Most of us here use letter size, 8.5 x 11".

Print your gift card at a convenient size for your wallet and relax.

rated:
Why print a digital card? Just show the number to the cashier.

rated:
Print two copies of the email amd store one in a safe place in case of unfortunate wear and tear fiascos.

rated:
Does Whole Paycheck, err Foods have a return policy? If so, buy non-food item(s) (hopefully they sell some) that meet or exceed the value of your digital GC(s).  Then return the item(s).  Maybe they'll issue the refund to a physical GC.

rated:
jerosen said:   Are you trying to use a Whole foods gift card to buy a 3rd party gift card?

Or just trade in an email electronic Whole foods gift card for a physical plastic Whole foods gift card?

Physical plastic wholefoods giftcard

rated:
ZenNUTS said:   Who shops there anyway?
I work next to a wholefoods building

rated:
tennis8363 said:   fleetwoodmac said:   Has anyone had the same problem?

I have been buying this from Staples and it comes in the email. I used to buy other GC and this is the first time I tried wf. Other stores are fine with exchanging digital to plastic

I scan them, load them in OneNote and show that at checkout. Works at plenty of stores, not sure about Whole Wallet Foods though. Have only been in that store once. 

Wooow i never thought a out thar

Awesome thanks

rated:
More and more places are not allowing people to buy a GC with another GC.

rated:
But many places let you buy their own plastic GC with their own plastic GC. I think the cashier/manager is just hesitant b/c OP is handing over a bunch of codes on pieces of paper.

rated:
ZenNUTS said:   Who shops there anyway?

I do! Great cheese, meat, and bakery departments. I don't need all the hippie crap, but I do appreciate quality food. One of my local stores has a wood-fired pizza oven, the pizzas are 2 for $22, and better and cheaper than most of the local pizza places. Of course you're a moron if you buy TP and laundry detergent at WF

rated:
fleetwoodmac said:   
jerosen said:   Are you trying to use a Whole foods gift card to buy a 3rd party gift card?

Physical plastic wholefoods giftcard

Most the store don't let you do that ... can you buy Target plastic gift cards using Target e-gift cards? or for that matter can you buy Target plastic gift cards using Target plastic gift cards?
(Replace Target with any store: Lowes, HD, Staples etc. ... some of them may allow but majority of them don't).

rated:
Is this a new policy? I exchanged a few electronic whole food gift cards that I had printed out, for one physical whole food gift card. The cashier didnt hassle me at all. It was a smooth transaction.

rated:
DoonGuy said:   Most the store don't let you do that ... some of them may allow but majority of them don't)majority allow it, but cashiers might find it odd when done en masse.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016