• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Hi, my wife recently got an offer in the mail for the Citi Double Cash card with 0% on purchases for 18 months. Is this a targeted offer only? For various reasons I'd like to apply for one in my name, not hers, but I can't use the invite code with my name. A link would be appreciated!

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Citi Double Cash card is one of the best cards out there with benefits. The extended warranty program doubles up to 24 months manufacturers warranties, the Citi Price Rewind searches for a lower price on the registered items you pay for with your Citi card at hundreds of online merchants. If the same item is found at a lower price within 60 days of your initial purchase date, you may receive reimbursement of the price difference. You can also let us know if you find a lower price to qualify for a reimbursement of the price difference. Hope you take advantage of the benefits.

rated:
busnut said:   Citi Double Cash card is one of the best cards out there with benefits. The extended warranty program doubles up to 24 months manufacturers warranties, the Citi Price Rewind searches for a lower price on the registered items you pay for with your Citi card at hundreds of online merchants. If the same item is found at a lower price within 60 days of your initial purchase date, you may receive reimbursement of the price difference. You can also let us know if you find a lower price to qualify for a reimbursement of the price difference. Hope you take advantage of the benefits.
  I am almost sure it now adds 2 years to the manufacturer warranty rather than doubling effective May 2016.

rated:
Yes this is targeted, I got it too. However I can't think of where else to put the money. Online savings accounts only give 1% and I maxed out my rewards checking. I stopped using this as my daily spender since I got the Chase Sapphire Preferred and then Sapphire Reserve. It's hard to turn down those points.

rated:
scoutconnor said:   
busnut said:   Citi Double Cash card is one of the best cards out there with benefits. The extended warranty program doubles up to 24 months manufacturers warranties, the Citi Price Rewind searches for a lower price on the registered items you pay for with your Citi card at hundreds of online merchants. If the same item is found at a lower price within 60 days of your initial purchase date, you may receive reimbursement of the price difference. You can also let us know if you find a lower price to qualify for a reimbursement of the price difference. Hope you take advantage of the benefits.
  I am almost sure it now adds 2 years to the manufacturer warranty rather than doubling effective May 2016.

Yeah, doubling up to 24 months would be nothing special.  Price protection's also not that uncommon (and a little kludgey with their "seim-automatic" function).  
+24 months warranty up to 7 years total is unique to citi cards currently, though.

rated:
That's a nice deal. Definitely targeted. I only got offered 0% on purchases for 8 months, but it's rare to get a 0% purchases offer as a current customer. I'm using it for daily expenses while I pay off a CC for a vet bill that has a 0% that is ending soon.

rated:
well i called in and managed to get a similar offer for myself, but only 15 months. however, Citi seems to be quite stingy with credit lines compared to chase, they gave me less than 10k lol. Probably not worth the pull tbh.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016