• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Any one ever try this? Any success? I have the 0/0 offer from Chase but it is limited to 15k over a 30day period

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
FYI, if you received checks in mail, those aren't limited to 15k (at least the ones I've received). The offers from Chase I see all say phone or web is what has the $15k limit.

I tried with Chase, BOA, and Citi earlier in the year and did not have any luck negotiating terms myself.

rated:
Better yet (DERAIL), how the hell do I get Chase to give me such an offer? I have huge lines with Chase but they never send me offers, nor are any available online. Meanwhile, I get five Citi mailers on a weekly basis pitching me 3% fee %0 int. BT offers.

rated:
jaytrader said:   Better yet (DERAIL), how the hell do I get Chase to give me such an offer? I have huge lines with Chase but they never send me offers, nor are any available online. 
  You don't have a BT offer on any of your chase cards?

rated:
rufflesinc said:   
jaytrader said:   Better yet (DERAIL), how the hell do I get Chase to give me such an offer? I have huge lines with Chase but they never send me offers, nor are any available online. 

None across 9 cards (myself and wife). Scores in the mid 800s, utilization reports around 1-5% depending on what happened that month (vacation, car repairs, blah blah). About $700k worth of unsecured reporting credit between the two of us. Literally zero offers. Now if I login to our Citi accounts, I can see two or more offers per card (10 cards total). Just got something from Barclays the other day with an offer, she gets Keybank offers, etc. Literally never had a Chase offer, yet they give me unsolicited CLIs, which causes applications to go into review because I'm at their maximum exposure limit.

rated:
jaytrader said:   
rufflesinc said:   

None across 9 cards (myself and wife). Scores in the mid 800s, utilization reports around 1-5% depending on what happened that month (vacation, car repairs, blah blah). About $700k worth of unsecured reporting credit between the two of us. Literally zero offers. 

my condolences

rated:
I haven't figured out how they decide to extend the offers. After I made use of my BT offers on 3 cards, the offers went away on two of my other Chase cards. (And all but one of my citi cards lost their offers almost immediately after I PAID OFF a 0% fee/0%interest on purchases $10k balancce just before it would have started charging interest)

I still have ongoing Chase offers on both my business cards and the one I transfered a balance to for ~13 months 0%/2% fee.  But the bus cards are at ~100% limit.

rated:
Slate is part of 5/24, correct?

rated:
"Rate and fee matching"?  Back in the golden age of "free rental money", roughly 1999 - 2010, well yes.  Often.  Now, not so much.

rated:
The trick to get offers is to make sure you always have large balances reporting on your credit reports.

rated:
jaytrader said:   Better yet (DERAIL), how the hell do I get Chase to give me such an offer? I have huge lines with Chase but they never send me offers, nor are any available online. Meanwhile, I get five Citi mailers on a weekly basis pitching me 3% fee %0 int. BT offers.

Chase Slate sends a 2% fee 0% offer a couple times a month, min.

rated:
DPG said:   The trick to get offers is to make sure you always have large balances reporting on your credit reports.
  I thought about that, but some months I have $15-20k reporting. Wouldn't that be enough? Or is it relative to your total available credit?

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016