• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
I am in the process of doing some remodeling on my house. Watching the stock market, I am trying to figure out if it would be better to sell some stock to pay for it or it use a low interest credit card for right now till the market looks a little better. What is your advice for me? Thanks for any advice.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
How should we know? Your guess is as good as mine.

There's no reason to lower your allocation to stock just because you need cash for something. Just sell an equal amount of whatever you're holding, stocks, bond, foreign stock,etc. if you're 100% in equities, then good luck.

rated:
I realize that no one knows for sure about the market. I have a mutual funds and I was just wondering if I should go ahead and charge it for now until the stock market is doing a little better to sell. I am hoping that after the election, it will do a little better and then sell, but I know everyone would be guessing on this. I was just wondering and thought I could get a friendly answer here.

rated:
I do some financial modeling and my personal forecast based on recent data is that stocks are likely to have a pullback. That said, I wouldn't trust someone on the internet until I had reviewed their work/track record.

I think different people will likely have different recommendations so you have to do what you feel best fits your situation.

rated:
the best advice I can give -- think: how would you feel if the worst happened? What if you used your cards, and then the "big one" hit the market in the middle?

That happened to a co-worker of mine, back on Black Monday, 1987.

rated:
Thanks for your reply! I think you are right! 

rated:
kimbowmanorama said:   ... till the market looks a little better. ...

You think it looks bad now?  

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016