• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
I got a refund from the IRS from money they siezed from my bank account around 7 years ago. I forgot to cash the check because I put it somewhere in my house and forgot about it.  Now they send me another check. Should I cash it? Can I get in trouble?

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Cash the new check.

rated:
Wow. Forgetting about a $16000 check. DEFINTELY not the fatwallet way .

rated:
Don't forget to take $1600 out for tithing before you use that cash.

rated:
CASH it, then drive around w/ $16K CASH. This way another branch of govt. (local/city/county/state/federal) can separate you from your $$$ via civil forfeiture. Or you can DEPOSIT the $16K CHECK, greatly reducing the likelihood that the funds will get civilly forfeited.

rated:
Don't cash it, just deposit it.

rated:
Who the hell forgets to cash a 16k check?

rated:
aswed said:   I got a refund from the IRS from money they siezed from my bank account around 7 years ago. I forgot to cash the check because I put it somewhere in my house and forgot about it.  Now they send me another check. Should I cash it? Can I get in trouble?
  Sit on it for some more time and the IRS will issue you a third check. Then cash all three together!

rated:
You guys fall for the lamest posts.

rated:
Can you trust that it will not bounce?

rated:
Wish I had enough money to forget about a 16K check. Must be tough.

rated:
"aswed" - hmmm...

rated:
Isn't this an obvious troll?

rated:
Did they send you more than they should and asked to cash and send differences back?

rated:
LOL. These responses are awesome. I've gotten my laugh for the day.

rated:
If you do not cash the check, I am guessing they will eventually send you another one. It pays to wait.

rated:
You don't want anything to do with that. Sign the back of it and send it to me.

/oblig

rated:
YOLO. Go for it!

rated:
No don't cash it. And you don't have to send it to me like AlwaysWrite is asking. Just take a picture of it and send it to me

rated:
Is this the same person whose car was making a "weird noise" so he/she just decided leave it parked in the driveway for five years rather than have it checked out?

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016