• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
All-

Just opened a NM LLC for a side gig.  Not interested in having my day job employer find out about it in any easily-accessible fashion.  I'm the single member-manager.  NM doesn't require the names of managers/members, so none were provided- all that's visible is the Registered Agent and the PO Box I set up.  When I went to open a business checking account, I was expecting to provide the LLC Articles to show ownership- problem is, my name is nowhere on the Articles provided to the state (by design), and, even though I've got a long personal relationship with the bank, they need a formal document to show ownership.  EIN doc with my name linked to the LLC name, along with any and all email threads with the registering service, didn't cut it.

Any one else have this experience?  Next step is to hit a few other local banks to see if they might be less stringent (current bank salesperson thought it was a done deal, had it opened, and deposited money, before compliance backed it out a few days later).

Thanks all!

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Yeah, banks will require your info. Thank the patriot act for that.

rated:
Can you do a "joint" account with you personally and the LLC as owners?

Generally, you will need a Trade Name certificate in your respective city. That's what I've used in the past to verify ownership.

rated:
Chargum85 said:   Can you do a "joint" account with you personally and the LLC as owners?
  Pot is legal in NM now?

rated:
Going to inquire about the joint account and see what they say- thank you.

Also checking in with a few of the fuller-service "privacy llc" sites to see what they'd do.

Certainly there's a way; there's bound to be other legal situations where I'll have to prove ownership.

rated:
HotInNM said:   Going to inquire about the joint account and see what they say- thank you.

Also checking in with a few of the fuller-service "privacy llc" sites to see what they'd do.

Certainly there's a way; there's bound to be other legal situations where I'll have to prove ownership.

Operating agreement generally shows ownership/management. Can you find a family member or friend to act as a patsy for the LLC?

rated:
Good point... but I'd rather not go that route. Will see if I can file an operating agreement, with my name, and not have SOS site publish it (looks like they publish all events, but not necessarily the docs associated with it).

rated:
bitcoin

rated:
HotInNM said:   Good point... but I'd rather not go that route. Will see if I can file an operating agreement, with my name, and not have SOS site publish it (looks like they publish all events, but not necessarily the docs associated with it).
  You don't file an operating agreement.. You keep that with the LLC's books.

Get an attorney. It seems you have a poor understanding of what to do.

rated:
It seems you have a poor understanding of what to do.
  This x 100.

rated:
atikovi said:   Pot is legal in NM now?And meth soon.

rated:
Try a bigger bank...

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016