• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Or is it a 1 time offer per person?

My current BT runs out next month. I don't need to open another BT account right away, but late next year I'd like to open another chase slate and do it again.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
No need. Just keep the current Slate account open. I did a BT with my Chase Freedom which when paid off got new BT offers after a few months.. You might consider some purchases with Slate after it is paid off and a monthly statement says so. Doing that got me better terms on the followup Freedom BT offers. That Freedom now has two separate BT offers after the one paid off. One will be paid in June 2017. The other in September 2017.

rated:
JW10 said:   No need. Just keep the current Slate account open. I did a BT with my Chase Freedom which when paid off got new BT offers after a few months.. You might consider some purchases with Slate after it is paid off and a monthly statement says so. Doing that got me better terms on the followup Freedom BT offers. That Freedom now has two separate BT offers after the one paid off. One will be paid in June 2017. The other in September 2017.
  I doubt those have 0% transfer fee though...

rated:
YMMV on the transfer fee.  Those are in many cases FICO score related.  True zero transfer fees come in seasons.  Some months, you can find them. ... Some months a five leaf clover is more likely.  I do know the transfer fee part of the new BT offers got better as I used the card.

rated:
Delta - Just keep getting more cards... You are a member of FWF. As such, you are required to apply for at least four new cards per year, preferably eight or more.

All seriousness aside, do go ahead and get more cards. Barclays has been very kind to me with low fee 0% BT offers. CUs often offer low APR BTs (2.99% seems to be common for me).

Remember the Chipotle burrito factor and its corollaries. If the winnings you'll get from a particular shenanigan is less than the price of a juicy, delicious Chipotle burrito, then forget about it. For me, this means that I don't care about the difference between 0% fee, 2% fee, 2.99% APR with no fee... etc. I'm getting loads of low interest rate money which I'm then using for more fun games with funner kids. I don't care if it costs me a few burritos more than the most optimum BT offer.

DW has three Slates, but they were all other cards from other issuers that turned in to Slates. I'm not sure if they allow multiples from original applications.

rated:
debentureboy said:   All seriousness aside
  You made my brain melt.

rated:
Agreed on Barclays. Also, look into Citi. They offer 18 or 21 months on various cards.

rated:
Delta223 said:   Or is it a 1 time offer per person?

My current BT runs out next month. I don't need to open another BT account right away, but late next year I'd like to open another chase slate and do it again.

There are reports that Chase said you have to have 24 months between collecting bonus on the same card.

rated:
I believe Chase Slate is subject to the 5/24 rule. If you have fewer than 5 cards open in the Las 24 months I think you can find more profitable cards than a 0% BT. Chase has some of the most profitable cards out there.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016