• Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
DiscoverCard Can Now be ACTIVATED 1st Quarter 5% Cash Back Rewards 
Gas Stations
Ground Transportation
Wholesale Clubs

Januarythrough March 2017 on up to $1,500 in purchases. Activate starting December 1, 2016.

Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: HOT DEALS, DEAL DISCUSSION, FINANCE. — Dec. 5, 2016 @ 6:49am
Member Summary
DiscoverCard 1st Quarter Rewards said: From the fine print on the link:
"Ground Transportation is defined as local and suburban commuter transportation, including: ferries, passenger railways, taxicabs, limousines/rental cars and charter/tour bus lines. Ground Transportation purchases made through travel agencies or travel aggregator sites will not be eligible."

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Dang. They've already made this announcement? Well, more Sam's Club and VGCs, so I'm good!

rated:
Thanks, JW10!

rated:
More Sams club. I'll keep on getting more Disney GC for an almost 9% discount...

rated:
Not just Sams, it's ALL Wholesale Clubs where Discover is accepted. Pretty sure BJ's takes them, don't know about Costco.

rated:
MISTERCHEAP said:   Not just Sams, it's ALL Wholesale Clubs where Discover is accepted. Pretty sure BJ's takes them, don't know about Costco.
  no costco, only visa.

rated:
Gas station is a great one since the one by me sells gift cards to just about everywhere

rated:
InFlamed said:   Gas station is a great one since the one by me sells gift cards to just about everywhere
  what kind is it?.  havent seen many that sell- if they do, its small denominations.

rated:
Costco.com accepts Discover

rated:
Does online count as warehouse or online purchase though?

rated:
mwarrior said:   Does online count as warehouse or online purchase though?

Yes, as both.

rated:
This calendar quarter Sam's Club only= correct
NEXT calendar quarter = broader definition of warehouse clubs.

rated:
Wawa seems to no longer take cc for $500 visa.

rated:
Does anybody know whether or not Sams Club sells GCs to non-members? I was planning to buy Sams Club GCs (dont have membership) and use those cards at Wal-Mart.

rated:
leonimish said:   Does anybody know whether or not Sams Club sells GCs to non-members? I was planning to buy Sams Club GCs (dont have membership) and use those cards at Wal-Mart

Wonder if you can buy them online?

rated:
First Calendar Quarter 5% Activation is now possible - I just activated mine

rated:
When they show a $1500 limit, does it apply just for that quarter? Since Sams Club was available this (4Q) and also 1Q next year (as a warehouse club) can you spend up to $1500 at Sams Club in 4Q, and another $1500 in the 1Q, to get the max cash back?

rated:
thanks

rated:
pitflyer said:   When they show a $1500 limit, does it apply just for that quarter? Since Sams Club was available this (4Q) and also 1Q next year (as a warehouse club) can you spend up to $1500 at Sams Club in 4Q, and another $1500 in the 1Q, to get the max cash back?
$1500 per quarter across all 5% bonus categories.  

rated:
pitflyer said:   When they show a $1500 limit, does it apply just for that quarter? Since Sams Club was available this (4Q) and also 1Q next year (as a warehouse club) can you spend up to $1500 at Sams Club in 4Q, and another $1500 in the 1Q, to get the max cash back?
  You can spend up to $1500.00 by Christmas (to give it time to post) and restart January 1st for the first quarter of 2017. So between January 1st and the end of March, you should spend up to $1500.00 at places like Sam's Club or other Discount Warehouse Clubs, Gas Stations or on Ground Transportation to make good use of the new year.

Over simplified - you can $1500. to Sam's Club by Christmas and again $1500 in the new year total $3000.00

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016