• filter:
  • Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
I just signed into my (first) discover account and under my credit card account, it showed a second one I opened with the last four asking me to verify it was my account. I quickly signed into my second account, and it did not ask me there. So I went back to the first and verified it, and it is now linked to my online account. I can also no longer log in with the credentials I had for the second account.

This was something that always bothered me with Discover, and it appears they have (silently?) started allowing you to connect accounts.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
I had a little more notice than that -- over the past 4 weeks or so, all my Discover accounts started "offering" to consolidate my accounts under a single login.  Eventually the notices started mentioning that it was shortly going to become mandatory, so I that's when I pulled the trigger.  No problems so far, and much more convenient for access through the phone app (iOS anyhow), since all accounts are now accessible there w/o elaborate account-switching.  (I don't recall any emails about it, though.)

rated:
Aaaaaand I just got the email;
email said:
Create one login for all of your accounts



Good news—now when you log in, you can access your Discover card, bank and personal loan accounts with a single User ID and Password.*
You can view a snapshot of all your balances and rewards, and see all
account activity. To enjoy this new feature, just complete a few easy steps.

* Your Discover bank and card accounts are eligible. Business accounts, closed card accounts, as well as Discover Home and Student Loan accounts are currently not eligible.

 

  

rated:
I wish every issuer would do this. Chase has the capability, and I've seen the "Link Online Accounts" link on one of my online accounts, but it never worked properly. However, their SM or a call usually take care of that. Still, should be able to automate that process. Especially wish Citi did it.

rated:
Sweet! It's there!!!

rated:
bhofw said:   I had a little more notice than that -- over the past 4 weeks or so, all my Discover accounts started "offering" to consolidate my accounts under a single login.  Eventually the notices started mentioning that it was shortly going to become mandatory, so I that's when I pulled the trigger.  No problems so far, and much more convenient for access through the phone app (iOS anyhow), since all accounts are now accessible there w/o elaborate account-switching.  (I don't recall any emails about it, though.)
  I was going to say the same thing - when logging into my Discover Bank account yesterday, I was warned that I will have to link my credit cards on my next visit.

rated:
For those using Mint, I had to delete both Discover accounts and then re-add the consolidated login for it to work.

rated:
DPG said:   For those using Mint, I had to delete both Discover accounts and then re-add the consolidated login for it to work.
  
Thanks for the tip!

rated:
jaytrader said:   I wish every issuer would do this. Chase has the capability, and I've seen the "Link Online Accounts" link on one of my online accounts, but it never worked properly. However, their SM or a call usually take care of that. Still, should be able to automate that process. Especially wish Citi did it.
  
It's available for me with my citi accounts and I've used it. Go to "Account Management" after logging in and there's a heading for it listing all the options:
Citi's website said: Link Accounts
Link/Unlink Citi® Credit CardMore Info
Link/Unlink Other Citi AccountsMore Info
Link/Unlink Savings for Overdraft ProtectionMore Info
Nickname Accounts
(Add, Change, Delete)
Register Citi Accounts in Other Countries



 

rated:
You guys have more than one discover card? Anytime I applied for a second, they denied me and said I can only have one. Have 3 Amex, 4 Chase, 3 Citi, 2 Capital One.

rated:
matrix5k said:   You guys have more than one discover card? Anytime I applied for a second, they denied me and said I can only have one. Have 3 Amex, 4 Chase, 3 Citi, 2 Capital One.
  
I have 2, the More and IT cards. 

rated:
meade18 said:   
jaytrader said:   I wish every issuer would do this. Chase has the capability, and I've seen the "Link Online Accounts" link on one of my online accounts, but it never worked properly. However, their SM or a call usually take care of that. Still, should be able to automate that process. Especially wish Citi did it.
  
It's available for me with my citi accounts and I've used it. Go to "Account Management" after logging in and there's a heading for it listing all the options:
Citi's website said: Link Accounts
Link/Unlink Citi® Credit CardMore Info
Link/Unlink Other Citi AccountsMore Info
Link/Unlink Savings for Overdraft ProtectionMore Info
Nickname Accounts
(Add, Change, Delete)
Register Citi Accounts in Other Countries



 

  All I have regarding linking is under Profile & Settings and that's just to link/unlink a credit card. Do you have a checking account? I know when I had CitiGold, my entire account management page changed. 

rated:
jaytrader said:   
meade18 said:   
jaytrader said:   I wish every issuer would do this. Chase has the capability, and I've seen the "Link Online Accounts" link on one of my online accounts, but it never worked properly. However, their SM or a call usually take care of that. Still, should be able to automate that process. Especially wish Citi did it.
  
It's available for me with my citi accounts and I've used it. Go to "Account Management" after logging in and there's a heading for it listing all the options:
Citi's website said: Link Accounts
Link/Unlink Citi® Credit CardMore Info
Link/Unlink Other Citi AccountsMore Info
Link/Unlink Savings for Overdraft ProtectionMore Info
Nickname Accounts
(Add, Change, Delete)
Register Citi Accounts in Other Countries



 

  All I have regarding linking is under Profile & Settings and that's just to link/unlink a credit card. Do you have a checking account? I know when I had CitiGold, my entire account management page changed. 

Yes, I do have a checking account. And you're right, it does look different now. I just signed up for the checking account recently and a CSR walked me through linking the checking account to my existing credit card accounts via online chat.

rated:
I think your "Link Accounts" link may be to link additional deposit accounts, not online accounts.

rated:
jaytrader said:   I think your "Link Accounts" link may be to link additional deposit accounts, not online accounts.
  I opened my citi checking account online, not in a branch.

rated:
meade18 said:   
jaytrader said:   I think your "Link Accounts" link may be to link additional deposit accounts, not online accounts.
  I opened my citi checking account online, not in a branch.

  Not a clue what that matters. When you have checking and credit products under one online ID, menus change. If you click on "Link Accounts" does it give you the option to link to another online ID, or to "link" another checking account to your online ID? My guess is the latter.

rated:
jaytrader said:   
meade18 said:   
jaytrader said:   I think your "Link Accounts" link may be to link additional deposit accounts, not online accounts.
  I opened my citi checking account online, not in a branch.

  Not a clue what that matters. When you have checking and credit products under one online ID, menus change. If you click on "Link Accounts" does it give you the option to link to another online ID, or to "link" another checking account to your online ID? My guess is the latter.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh, I thought you meant online accounts as in online bank accounts, not a completely different online account. Sorry for the confusion.

I have no idea whether you can link another account you already have set up, but the CSR I dealt with was helpful so it might be worth it to check with them.

rated:
jaytrader said:   I wish every issuer would do this. Chase has the capability, and I've seen the "Link Online Accounts" link on one of my online accounts, but it never worked properly. However, their SM or a call usually take care of that. Still, should be able to automate that process. Especially wish Citi did it.
I've always had all of my Chase personal cc accounts linked under a single login, but when I recently opened a biz cc account, they said they could not link the biz account to my personal login. However, they were able to create a second login for the biz account, and then link all of the personal accounts to the new login. Must be some technical restriction on their end.

rated:
BingBlangBlaow said:   I just signed into my (first) discover account and under my credit card account, it showed a second one I opened with the last four asking me to verify it was my account. I quickly signed into my second account, and it did not ask me there. So I went back to the first and verified it, and it is now linked to my online account. I can also no longer log in with the credentials I had for the second account.
 

It's not that they LET you, it's that they REQUIRE you to. I could not get past the "verify your second account" screen. I was initially concerned that I would lose my second Discover $10/30 coupon each month, but it turns out that once you login, you select an account and then you just have the same single account view that you had before. So the account view isn't merged like it is with other providers.

rated:
No warnings to me etc. that I noticed at all, now I can't log in to either of my card accounts at all! sent SM through bank account login...I bet it's related. Happy for the change though.

rated:
I will be canceling my Discover Bank due to them consistently getting hacked. My information and debit card which was never used seemed to get in to someone's hands. If you like your account and money frozen and all your credit cards crapped on and monitoring your credit non stop.. sure. 100% fraud covered; yes. But they will make you fill out a form per each fraudulent transaction. Prepare yourself for endless paper work. They will never tell me how crooks got my debit card information and pin; but i'm going to bet it's someone in Discover or access to Discover Bank. Anyway- police report was filed in each state that the fraud was taken place and my headache will end soon when I get my money out of there.

  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
     
    Click here for full-featured reply.


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016