Chase Ink Business Preferred Credit Card - 80,000 UR points after $5k spend

Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Chase is rolling out a new Ink card: Ink Business Preferred. Looks like it will replace the Ink Plus card.

• 80,000 points after $5000 spend in 3 months.
  • 3 points per dollar in travel, shipping, and social media and search engine advertising
  • 1 points per dollar in all other categories
  • Visa signature
  • Cell phone protection up to $600 for theft or damage, $100 deductible. Up to 3 claims in a rolling 12 month
  • $95 annual fee, waived first year

There has been some speculation that Chase's business cards are not a part of the the 5/24 rule. I am unable to confirm this.

I believe it is available as of Nov. 11

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

What is needed to open a business card? EIN or is just SSN enough?

Chargum85 said:   What is needed to open a business card? EIN or is just SSN enough?
  A social is enough. Might be available in branch only. Again, wont roll out until November 11

enjoy the sign up bonus. the spend catorgies are terrible

waikikisneakie said:   
There has been some speculation that Chase's business cards are not a part of the the 5/24 rule. I am unable to confirm this.

Nice offer, thanks for the heads up. Coupled with the CSR, that's at least $1,275 in travel redemption (80k bonus + 5k or more from spend).

As far as 5/24 is concerned, does that mean being over 5/24 won't (or might not) stop you from getting this card, or getting this card won't count towards 5/24? Or both?

waikikisneakie said:   There has been some speculation that Chase's business cards are not a part of the the 5/24 rule. I am unable to confirm this.

Not sure about this particular card as it's not officially out yet, but 5/24 does most certainly apply to UR business cards.

That would be terrible if the Plus cards get converted to this and we lose 5% on office supply stores, phone bills, etc.

lmnop100 said:   That would be terrible if the Plus cards get converted to this and we lose 5% on office supply stores, phone bills, etc.
  Is the 5% worth the $95 annual fee? I have this card and the annual fee will be charged soon. I'm debating whether to keep this card. It's no longer being offered. Is there some sort of churn/MS that's worthwhile on the Biz Plus?

Also, why is this new Ink Business Preferred not getting more attention? 80,000 points on $5K spend is nice, especially if you have the CSR. I've read that the first year annual fee is waived if you apply in a branch. I'm applying tomorrow. 

samko said:   
lmnop100 said:   That would be terrible if the Plus cards get converted to this and we lose 5% on office supply stores, phone bills, etc.
  Is the 5% worth the $95 annual fee? I have this card and the annual fee will be charged soon. I'm debating whether to keep this card. It's no longer being offered. Is there some sort of churn/MS that's worthwhile on the Biz Plus?

Also, why is this new Ink Business Preferred not getting more attention? 80,000 points on $5K spend is nice, especially if you have the CSR. I've read that the first year annual fee is waived if you apply in a branch. I'm applying tomorrow. 

if you already have the CSR card, it may not be worth paying $95 fee.  The reason i used to pay the $95 fee was that was my only card that allowed transfer of points to partners, plus 5% cashback, plus UR website allowed 1.2x conversion of points.

Now I have CSR .. so transfer of points is not an issue .. CSR allows it.  I simply downgraded the Chase Ink Plus to regular Ink Cash with No AF.  Regular Ink Cash has same 5% cashback .. only thing is they do the cashback at anniversary date vs. every month.  So net net I got rid of $95 AF and switched it to CSR .. where if you account for $300 travel credit, the effective AF is $150.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017