• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
I use Mint.com to track my spending, but can't figure something out. If I spend $500 using a credit card, and then pay off my credit card, it appears that MInt is showing that as two $500 transactions (makes sense) but doesn't that then appear to Mint that I really spent $1,000?

It's been a long day, and I'm more focused on the Cubs tonight, so my brain is not working so well.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
It gets categorized as Credit Card Payment, and if you have both your checking account and credit card linked on Mint, they cancel each other out. I don't think that category shows up in any of their budget/trends analysis

rated:
Anything in the Transfer category (including credit card payments) is not used under the monthly spending budget. Be aware, at least for me, that Chase and Citi payments get classified as Financial, and do get added to the budget. Even after every month changing it to credit card paymet, mint doesn't seem to learn on the go.

rated:
MilleniumBuc said:   Anything in the Transfer category (including credit card payments) is not used under the monthly spending budget. Be aware, at least for me, that Chase and Citi payments get classified as Financial, and do get added to the budget. Even after every month changing it to credit card paymet, mint doesn't seem to learn on the go.
  After you change the Category, if you click on the Edit Details box below the transaction, there should then be a Rules checkbox that asks if you want to always categorize a transaction with that Description as whatever you just changed it to.

rated:
I'll have the look into this. I primarily use Chase and Citi credit cards. Thanks

rated:
you will get 2 items, but they cancel each other out, if you don't like it in your list, delete them or put them in transfer to cash spending category.

rated:
I haven't been able to login to Mint for the past 24 hours.  Anyone else having this problem?  My password is accepted, and I see the initial dashboard, but then I am immediately logged out.  

rated:
fungo45 said:   It's been a long day, and I'm more focused on the Cubs tonight, so my brain is not working so well.

I'm sure that the Cubs couldn't have won without your focused mental effort,so congrats to you and your incredible brain.

rated:
Still auto-logged out in Mint.  Not sure what is wrong with the site.

rated:
ThWrfdzx9 said:   I haven't been able to login to Mint for the past 24 hours.  Anyone else having this problem?  My password is accepted, and I see the initial dashboard, but then I am immediately logged out.  

I have been unable to log into mint for about 2 months in Firefox.  It works in IE.  You might try a different browser.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016