• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
I have to pay a huge property tax bill so figured I might as well do app-o-rama for signup bonus.
I was thinking of applying for the following cards:

1. Chase Sapphire for 100K points
2. Marriott for 80K
3. Wellsfargo for cell phone insurance
4. Delta for 70K miles
5. Citi Costco 
6. Maybe SPG
7. Added first national bank for utilities etc
8. Hyatt card with free hotel night (annually) too. 

Questions:
1. Can you suggest any other great signup bonus or otherwise useful card?
2. Are there any cashback websites that offer cashback on credit card applications?

One last question about Amex BCB 6% grocery card. 
I guess I was living under the stone.  Went to Safeway to buy variable load Visa or MC and found out they dont sell those anymore.  Still have 5K limit to exhaust.  Any ideas?  Any grocery stores (in California) where I can buy variable load visa's or MCs.

Thanks.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
starcrossed said:   I have to pay a huge property tax bill so figured I might as well do app-o-rama for signup bonus.
I was thinking of applying for the following cards:

1. Chase Sapphire for 100K points
2. Marriott for 80K
3. Wellsfargo for cell phone insurance
4. Delta for 70K miles
5. Citi Costco 
6. Maybe SPG 

Questions:
1. Can you suggest any other great signup bonus or otherwise useful card?
2. Are there any cashback websites that offer cashback on credit card applications?

One last question about Amex BCB 6% grocery card. 
I guess I was living under the stone.  Went to Safeway to buy variable load Visa or MC and found out they dont sell those anymore.  Still have 5K limit to exhaust.  Any ideas?  Any grocery stores (in California) where I can buy variable load visa's or MCs.

Thanks.

I have all the cards you mentioned above and collected all sign up bonuses

Can I re apply and get the bonuses again? Or is it just wishful thinking?

rated:
starcrossed said:   Went to Safeway to buy variable load Visa or MC and found out they dont sell those anymore.  Still have 5K limit to exhaust.  Any ideas?

Gift cards for places you'll shop anyway? Probably can't reach $5k that way, but you could get enough to cover the annual fee. Or, call Amex and ask if you can get your annual fee back if you downgrade.

rated:
doveroftke said:   
starcrossed said:   Went to Safeway to buy variable load Visa or MC and found out they dont sell those anymore.  Still have 5K limit to exhaust.  Any ideas?

Gift cards for places you'll shop anyway? Probably can't reach $5k that way, but you could get enough to cover the annual fee. Or, call Amex and ask if you can get your annual fee back if you downgrade.

Thanks.... let me try that...

Any stores that sell VLGCs.

rated:
Bank signups that take CC for initial deposit.  Some do not have a minimum balance once the account is set up.  Some do not require direct deposit - DD.

Card - Chase Sapphire Preferred  50k UR points for $4000.00 spend.  The card you list is called Chase Sapphire Reserve 100k UR points for $4000.00 spend.  UR points can be combined into one account for best value..  Get any Chase cards first due to 5/24 rule.

For most people, Costco card is a bad joke when benefits are compared to other possibilities.
Chase Freedom 5% this calendar quarter includes drug stores along with Department stores and Warehouse clubs up to $1500.00 this calendar quarter. 
DiscoverCard has Amazon, department stores, warehouse club 5% benefits up to $1500.00 per card.  DiscoverCard has announced that warehouse clubs will be next calendar quarter too.  Maybe Discover IT if you do not have it.  No bonus, but double the first year could be up to 10% first year ... 2% minimum benefit.

rated:
starcrossed said:   One last question about Amex BCB 6% grocery card. 

Thanks.

Whole Foods. And keep checking Safeway, they're coming back one by one, at least around Sacramento.

rated:
prepay bills to reach spend also, lots of utilities take credit cards for example.

rated:
Spend is not an issue.  Avoid abuses that gets you shut down is.  I agree, Utilities and banks new sign ups with CC deposits are a good way to go.

Kroger stores just has a discount sale to 11/27/2016 on both VCG or MCGC plus AMEX GC
$100.00 cards for $90.00 + fee

Office Supply stores as a category has had a number of insane month after month promotions for VGC or MCGCs. I just did $2500 in two days ... way above my norm.
With my soon to be new credit card, I may need a block of concrete to avoid MS abuse.

http://www.doctorofcredit.com/first-national-bank-absolute-rewar... 

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016