• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Hi,
I have a friend who has access to the Adesa dealer auction here in Dallas and is helping me get my next car for a small fee. I want to know how much should I agree on paying for a 2009 Honda Civic EX with 77,000 miles on it!
Thanks for your help!! I just don't want to pay too much and then have to deal with a ton of repairs after the fact where all my money goes down the drain.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
three fifty.

rated:
I meant for the car. Not to the dealer friend.

Thanks!

rated:
However much the market bears for vehicles in that condition, in the local market for which it is being offered for sale.

rated:
dhruvaws said:   I want to know how much should I agree on paying for a 2009 Honda Civic EX with 77,000 miles on it !If your friend is any good, he should already know how much.

rated:
You might have more luck on a Honda forum than a general finance forum.

rated:
dhruvaws said:   I just don't want to pay too much and then have to deal with a ton of repairs after the fact where all my money goes down the drain.
  Then go to a regular dealer where you can take a test drive and a PPI. If you want to buy on the cheap, you get what you pay for. Except for off lease cars (unlikely on something that old) there is usually a reason the seller has it at auction and doesn't want to retail it.

rated:
atikovi said:   
dhruvaws said:   I just don't want to pay too much and then have to deal with a ton of repairs after the fact where all my money goes down the drain.
  Then go to a regular dealer where you can take a test drive and a PPI. If you want to buy on the cheap, you get what you pay for. Except for off lease cars (unlikely on something that old) there is usually a reason the seller has it at auction and doesn't want to retail it.

Age? Miles? Retail lots don't like cars that old

rated:
alamo11 said:   
atikovi said:   

Age? Miles? Retail lots don't like cars that old

dhruvaws said:   2009 Honda Civic EX with 77,000 miles on it!

Independant lots would love that car. 7 Year old Honda with low miles.

rated:
Ask you buddy to pull sold listings from Adesa or Manheim. Go from there. Also, don't restrict yourself to a local area. Go nationwide, shipping is cheap and you can often find better deals in other parts of the country in the auctions.

rated:
forbin4040 said:   three fifty.

That's tree fiddy. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6a3BGs1uxfg

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016