• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
There is a 3 year interest subsidy for people that are under the REPAYE student loan repayment program.

I have about 150k left on my student loan balance and I have an 80k income.

My employer just approved payment for my MBA. I will be taking 6 credits per semester, therefore my student loans will go into deferment. I am currently on the REPAYE program. Will the interest still be subsidized during this period even though I am not required to make payments?

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
I would just use up the 3 years of subsidy and then consolidate your loans after you get your MBA. It will reset the 3 year clock.

rated:
I wasn't aware that consolidation would restart the clock. Thanks!

rated:
avalon6 said:   I would just use up the 3 years of subsidy and then consolidate your loans after you get your MBA. It will reset the 3 year clock.

Is there a good cite for this? Is it BC the loans technically become a new loan? I would think if the 3 yr clock restarts so would deferment time etc.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016