• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
link 

50,000 Points 

Limited-time offer: earn 50,000 AAdvantage bonus milesTravel is easier and more enjoyable when you have less to do and more to gain. TheCiti® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® MasterCard® can help you get the most out of your travel experiences.

Apply now and earn 50,000 A.mericanA.irlines AAdvantage® bonus miles (previously 30,000) after you make $3,000 in purchases within first 3 months of account opening1 – that's enough for 2 domestic round-trip MileSAAver® awards (fees may apply).2

Use your AAdvantage® miles for award travel to more than 1,000 destinations worldwide on A.mericanA.irlines andoneworld® carriers.

Love the journey with great travel benefits such as:
NEW! – No foreign transaction fees on purchases^ 
Your first checked bag is free for you and up to 4 traveling companions on domestic itineraries† 
Group 1 Boarding on domestic flights3 
25% savings on eligible in-flight purchases4 
Earn 10% of your redeemed AAdvantage® miles back5 
Earn double miles on eligible A.mericanA.irlines purchases6 

What's more, the annual card fee of $95 is waived for the first year^ – start planning your next journey today!

*50,000 A.mericanA.irlines AAdvantage® bonus miles can be earned by new Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® MasterCard® cardmembers approved through this offer. Earn 50,000 A.mericanA.irlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after making $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening. A.mericanA.irlines AAdvantage® bonus miles are not available if you have had a Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® Card opened or closed in the past 24 months.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
https://secure.fly.aa.com/citi/a2-plat 

I found this just by digging around after cancelling my cards and trying to get on my calendar the next time I need to apply.I hope it is not restricted. 
No matter how I go into the site or how many times, it stills seems to come up ok. 
Admirals Club card is the same 50k miles but requires $5k spend and a $450 annual fee that is not waived. 

rated:
Nothing new here. They've had 50,000 on the citi plat for both personal and business for some time now.

rated:
If I apply for a business card, does the pull affect my credit score and application of mortgage?

rated:
There is a 60k AA miles offer for this card as well. If you get approved for this card, with 50k AA miles, call Citi customer service & tell them to match you up for this offer.
This worked for me, good lcuk !

rated:
ahcool said:   If I apply for a business card, does the pull affect my credit score and application of mortgage?
  The pull will show up. If it's recent enough, the lender may eventually ask for an explanation. Hidden "business "debt"" likely won't go over well.

rated:
oradbatic said:   There is a 60k AA miles offer for this card as well. If you get approved for this card, with 50k AA miles, call Citi customer service & tell them to match you up for this offer.
This worked for me, good lcuk !

You mean there is a 60K offer for the AAdvantage Platinum Select? The personal or the Business or both. Link, screenshot or something to make my request to match with Citi more legitimate? TIA

rated:
Where did you copy the text from? The landing page you linked to says not eligible to those who have applied for or had card in last 24 months, not 18 as you had for copypasta.

rated:
No screenshot needed , Citi honored my reqst on Personal & business card without grumbling.

Check this out : https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/comments/45tq2i/inflight_citi_...

rated:
Dealpouncer said:   Where did you copy the text from? The landing page you linked to says not eligible to those who have applied for or had card in last 24 months, not 18 as you had for copypasta.
  Thanks,  I fixed my text.  It is currently 24 months.

rated:
The 24-month language is a killer. If you want to get around it, you need to get a hold of a mailer without the 24-month language. They are generally only sent to new AAdvantage members who have not had a Citi AA card recently. You can get around this sometimes by setting up a new AAdvantage account for someone with your last name at your address. The good mailers (with a 9-digit code and web address to apply) start to show up after 2-3 months if you are lucky. Just make sure there is no 24-month language on it.

If you want to get the 60K match, just send a PM after you get the card and tell them that someone you know got a 60K card recently and you are wondering if they can match it.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016