• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
The Better Balance Reward is a flat rate $25 reward per quarter.
There are rules. And although it seems simple, there are some "gotchas".
I wrote this post to help you overcome the gotcha's.  

Things I DID to better manage my account.
1) have quarterly bonus sent to your checking account (not the credit card account).
2) Set up a $1 flat rate monthly payment (not tied to account balance). This kicks in if for some reason you have a credit or zero balance.
3) Make payment MORE than the minimum balance after the bill drops but before the final due date.  (I auto pay balance in full five days before)
4) Charge at least $31 monthly.  (More than the bonus and minimum payment). Safety factor.  
According to BOA, the $1.99 write offs are because there is a $25 minimum in the BBR rules.  I am unaware of that. They may change the program rules at any time. 

Optional
Check account balance a few days before bill drops to make sure a  charge is posted.
Check balance a few days before to make sure payment processed but there is not a credit balance. (May need to check timing of $1 payment above).

My due date is 2nd. Autopay five days (~27th)   $1 pay on 28th.  Bill drops ~17th. Will see how this works.   

I promised an update. The Executive Office contacted me and is giving me the bonus.  11/21/2016. 
I got MY bonus. I explained the situation and I got my bonus. 

My post is to help folks get their bonus.

They also said...the $1.99 write offs are because there is a $25 minimum in the BBR rules
They did tell me the card is geared towards those that DONT pay off thier balances, so they can earn a little bonus.
They are NOT allowing other cards to be changed tp BBR cards.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
You need to follow their stupid rules if you want to be paid.

rated:
I am waiting on the edge of my seat.

rated:
OP, I don't know why you felt that you need to create a new thread for this. Edit: existing thread

For me $1.20 every month works. My routine is:

1. Wait for statement
2. Pay off $1.20 and immediately charge $1.20 (I use Comcast)
3. ???
4. Profit!

If you have multiple cards, make sure the statement date is the same. That way you are only wasting one day during month. I do not trust automatic payments unless I implemented the automation.

You will need to vary amounts if you're using Comcast like I am, for example $1.19, $1.18, $1.31, etc.

Also it's best if your bonus goes into checking account, not statement credit.

rated:
Use it to pay for NetFlix. It's not that hard.

rated:
I posted some steps a FW user can take to improve chance of getting a BBR bonus. 

rated:
DrTravel said:   In my research I discovered Bank of america is allegedly writing off small balances. For you Peeps that do less than 1.99 you can have your balance WIPED out with no payment due.
Show us this so called research. You have not provided anything so far. I do less than $1.99 as I explained above and have not run into any issues so far. Follow the steps exactly to the letter and you won't run into problems.
There is a thread here about credit cards canceling small bills: https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/879297 
There was exactly 1 person who had their $1.00 bill cancelled (but it happened on due date). Easily avoidable by not waiting till due date to pay your bill.

It is entirely your fault of not following rules:
DrTravel said:   I made my payment before the bill dropped
 yes, statement should post with balance.
DrTravel said:   I had a credit balance
yes, again statement should post with balance, not credit.

People like you with your baseless complaints will only succeed in shutting this program down for rest of us enjoying free cash.

Edit: OP basically changed the first post completely from whining to pseudo-advice. Also he edited his other post where he said he's taking this trivial matter to CFPB.

rated:
Here is the research  . 

https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1452051 

example copied....

"Just a heads up, not sure if this is occurring with anyone else but...

This past month (June Bill) I was credited with a $1.01 credit for no reason. I make a simple $1.01 charge to my BBR every month to my cell-phone bill. Simple. Well, June is where the quarter ends for me. Right before the closing date, I was credited for my $1.01 charge for some reason. Obviously, I had nothing to pay. I can't pay anything.
SMALL BALANCE ADJUSTMENT  1.01 

Well, that screwed me over because there was nothing I could do to make the "minimum payment". I'm not sure if this is some kind of tactic, but figured I would tell other FWF folks that use the BOA BBR.

I'm not sure how I can argue this other than "I would have paid if you wouldn't have credited...."""

rated:
I have experience with bonuses not getting paid and researched other FW members who had issues.
I made changes based upon each potential bonus snafu. I've shared them. 
This is a simple list of things I do to manage my own card. 
If my post helps, great. 

rated:
I asked an Executive at BOA to grant an exception because of who I am and my client standing.
On 11/21/2016 the Preferred Service Executive Office agreed to give me a bonus.  I am a preferred service client.

#1) I am an excellent customer.  #2) I did not complain to BOA. I wrote them a very funny letter.  

rated:
Sorry you were being harassed.  That is so NOT COOL!

Saw your post before it was deleted.
You provided four steps securing the BBR bonus.
Thanks...glad I copied them. 

rated:
Thanks Foxes...I reposted the tips. I see you are a long time member.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016