• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Last discussion on the UPromise Mastercard was a couple years ago. Is anybody still using it for the extra 5% online shopping and Upromise cb portal? Seems like a great reward for those that shop online already.

UPromise is already close to top for cb payouts, so the extra 5% would take it over the top. Although, I already get 1.75% with the PNC CashBuilder Visa card, so the UPromise would add an extra 3.25% benefit over what I already have.

Previous discussions basically said that they don't pay out consistently, are hard to track whether you got the full amount, and when you contact them for a discrepancy they just tell you to wait... I'm wondering if it's gotten better over the years?

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Yes, it is awesome. I have made about $2,000 from them. I do recall having issues occasionally. Honestly, I have stopped tracking it closely but my sense is it is pretty good at paying out. Most places are 5% cash back on the Upromise site, plus another 5% if you use the card. Some, like eBay, are 1% on the site plus 5% more on the card = 6%.

rated:
Do you have a link?

rated:
I use the upromise MasterCard for online purchases through upromise links as much as humanly possible. So getting 10% total back it's not uncommon e.g. for Lowe's or WalMart. They appear to have had some sort of shakeup in their fulfillment operation within the last year, because their contribution fulfillment got a lot more reliable all of a sudden, as did their followup when there was a snafu. It used to be that I had to manually inquire after 40 or 50% of my transactions with them, but now it's down to perhaps 10%. That includes both regular contributions (cash back) and the bonus cash back through use of their MasterCard, which is tracked and reported separately. Sometimes they're fast following up on manual adjustments, and occasionally they take months and months – but I very rarely have a contribution completely refused or fall through the cracks. So, though their automatic tracking is better, it's still not great and I would strongly suggest keeping a spreadsheet of what you expect from them, and when, if you're serious about getting the cashback in every possible case.

rated:
Just used it for nursery furniture to the tune of about $1k yesterday. That'll give me a nice $100 cash back.

rated:
bhofw said:   I use the upromise MasterCard for online purchases through upromise links as much as humanly possible. So getting 10% total back it's not uncommon e.g. for Lowe's or WalMart.  They appear to have had some sort of shakeup in their fulfillment operation within the last year, because their contribution fulfillment got a lot more reliable all of a sudden, as did their followup when there was a snafu. It used to be that I had to manually inquire after 40 or 50% of my transactions with them, but now it's down to perhaps 10%. That includes both regular contributions (cash back) and the bonus cash back through use of their MasterCard, which is tracked and reported separately. Sometimes they're fast following up on manual adjustments, and occasionally they take months and months – but I very rarely have a contribution completely refused or fall through the cracks. So, though their automatic tracking is better, it's still not great and I would strongly suggest keeping a spreadsheet of what you expect from them, and when, if you're serious about getting the cashback in every possible case.
  I stopped using their portal a while ago because although their CB was often higher than the others, it was more frequent than not that I did not get it. Manual inquiry was such a pain as well, often with very delayed or no response.   Good to hear they may be getting better but they have a long way to go to match some of the other portals

rated:
Plus, if you have a Sallie Mae HYSA account linked, you get a 10% bonus on your cashback when it transfers out to Sallie Mae.

rated:
If you have the Sallie Mae CC, do you also get the additional 5% CB?

rated:
Greatness said:   If you have the Sallie Mae CC, do you also get the additional 5% CB?
  No. Only the Upromise card.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016