• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Is this a fight worth having? My mindset is if a waiter already makes $12.50/hour, and keeps the $0.12 change when I pay $20 on a $19.88 check, I should only tip 18%. My wife constantly leaves 20%. The difference is only $0.39 (I rounded down, because I wouldn't leave the extra .76 cents), but I figured this warranted its own thread and potentially serving my wife with divorce papers. 

What is the FWF consensus?

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
I don't tip because society says I have to. All right, if someone deserves a tip, if they really put forth an effort, I'll give them something a little something extra. But this tipping automatically, it's for the birds. As far as I'm concerned, they're just doing their job.

rated:
dannon35 said:   I don't tip because society says I have to. All right, if someone deserves a tip, if they really put forth an effort, I'll give them something a little something extra. But this tipping automatically, it's for the birds. As far as I'm concerned, they're just doing their job.
  I would like to debate your point of view for about 45 posts before we both leave with the same opinion that we had before. 

rated:
2/10

rated:
You want a tip?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016